Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Because you are moving into a apartment you are going to have a hard time finding a complex that will allow you to have a dog over 50 pounds, let alone a Rottweiler. Many apartment complexes have breed restrictions (I know from experience)

Also, having two jobs might not be the best position to have a dog. Are you going to work both jobs everyday? When are you going to have time to take this dog out for exercise? I quick stroll around the block will not be sufficient for a Rott. My two Rotties expect at the very least a 30 minute walk every day and I also take them to the dog park 3-4 times a week for at least 2 hours.

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill or talk you out of getting a dog, just please seriously consider your lifestyle and the time and energy you are going to have to commit on top of two jobs, paying your own bills, dog food, shots, people food etc. Is a Rottie who is a big dog that needs big space that eats alot of food really right for you at this point in your life? I know my two Rotts would be heartbroken if we had to move somewhere with no backyard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts