Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i saw my parents for atleast 2 hours and my mom told me specky most likely had a stroke. She hasn't eaten or drank anything, puked 3 times yesterday, her eyes are all glossy, her head is tilted to one side and she is walking like she is drunk. So she might get put down tomorrow depending on what the vet says and if my mom doesn't want her to suffer anymore. Its going to be very hard not to have her there anymore if she gets put down. So hopefully by some miracle she will be alright for tomorrow so we can atleast say good-bye to her.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww im sorry

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I will know fully sure whats going to happen tomorrow morning or afternoon. It's weird how things can go down hill so suddenly(we just saw her on sunday and she was acting like a playful pup)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the best news. She has a couple more months though because of her stroke she won't be the same again but atleast we have a little longer with her. She will have to learn some things over again.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I have a rabbit who had a stroke last year. Right after it happened she could barely move on her own - we thought for sure we where going to loose her. Now, a little bit over a year later, she is almost completely back to normal and living a very happy life :)

Don't loose hope. Animals can sometimes have an amazing ability to recover from even things like severe strokes.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
good news.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i am super happy :D she can walk a little though she still gets super excited and when that happens she falls or some of the small dogs will knock into her which makes her fall down. She is finally able to eat and drink. So she is starting to mend.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great news, very happy for you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Extremely great news, good for you! Maybe she'll surprise you and go even longer. Here's to hoping!

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
I'm late to this thread so hoping to see a happy update on Specky soon, she's been through so much lately. I'm glad she survived her stroke and has been showing improvment, I hope she still is.

My little Bridge Angel kitty survived and recovered from two strokes, the first was mild, she had a little deafness that went away, the second one, 5 months later was a little more severe, and she was left with some paralysis, but still was doing okay. The third one, six months after that, was so severe, that along with her other problems, it was clear she'd had enough and I had to let her go.

Sorry for the long story, I know this is about Specky, not my little girly, but I wanted to share that stroke, as you are finding out, does not have to be the end.

Please up date us on Specky soon.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
what an inspirational story. thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's really sad about your kitty. Atleast she lived a good life and that you didn't let her suffer anymore. We all know it could and probably will happen again to her but we are making her feel comfy and enjoy the life she has. She was already starting to go deaf before it and we think she will be going blind pretty soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts