Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all my PT friends...

.....,in case any are wondering ..... just wanted to let you know why I havent been around much since this past weekend.

I am very sad and going thru something terribly heartwrenching.
My barely 16 year old daughter has runaway Friday night. She left with a friend of hers who is 15 and we dont know where they are. She hasnt even called me to say that she is ok. She took clothing, shoes, purses and makeup and hair items with her.
I called all her friends, went to her charter school to let them know if they hear anything of her to please tell her to call me to at least say she is alive and ok but to please come home. I did make a police report, missing/runaway juvenielle report and they will pick her up and take her to the station if they find her before I do.
She has been giving us trouble for a while. She got mixed in with a bad crowd and we tried to keep her away from them as much as possible.

We are very upset and so are her little brother and sister. I can barely even sleep for more than a few minutes at a time and I cant even eat. I feel like I am going to throw up each time I do. Whenever I have to drive somewhere my mind wanders and I start to cry..I know that is not good, its dangerous. I pull over when that starts to happen. My other kids see me and I know its hard for them too. I dont want to lose it in front of them, ya know. My eyes hurt and my head wont stop pounding. My heart feels like its ripping into little pieces.

Even our dog knows something is wrong and is always following me around licking my hand to comfort me. I think my cockatiels sense that I am not myself too and they are quiet when I hold them and they just want to snuggle under my chin. They are trying to comfort me too.

Friends and family have been wonderful, coming over or calling throughout the day to see if there is any news and just to give us encouragment.

We had a good evening Friday night, went out as a family to eat at a nice restaurant. We didnt argue or anything. We were okay. She didnt act angry or nervous or like she was planning anything. Didnt leave a note, nothing. That hurts so bad. No calls at all so far.
Why wont she just at least call me to say she is okay? She has got to know I miss her terribly and am so worried about her.
She doesnt know how dangeous it is out there. She is too trusting and is not experienced with how bad people can be, how much they can and will take advantage of someone so young and I dont even want to think of what they might do to her. :rubcry: She is a very beautiful young girl. I am so scared for her.

Please send good thoughts our way and maybe a prayer or two. I want her back safe.
I just keep praying that nothing bad happen to her and that she doesnt do anything to make the situation worse. I want her back safely. We all do.
I wish she would just call me.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Im sure shell come back soon! :hugg2:
Ill keep her in my prayers too.... Hopefully she wont stay out for long! :heart:

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Oh Luv, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I will deffinitely be keeping her and the rest of your family in my prayers. I hope she stays safe and comes home soon!

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
6,574 Posts
Your daughter and family will be in my thoughts and prayers! :hugg2: Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Monique, I'm so sorry. Your daughter and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is home safely soon.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I used to volunteer with my local police department. A vast majority of the run aways ended up safe and sound (in fact, I can't recall any we didn't find!). A lot of times they were hiding out at friends houses and not too far from home. Make sure all her friends' parents know.

If she has a bank account, you may want to ask the bank to notify you if it's used. They should be able to trace any debits to the exact location. If she has a cell phone with her that isn't prepaid, you can have your cell phone company send you the call log for that phone number. A lot of companies have the info online for you to download with your account info.

Since the police have her info, if a car is pulled over (they usually run everyone's license in the car), her ID will be flagged, and they will be able to detain her.

Prayers are being sent your way.

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
I'm so sorry, I'll be praying for you and your daughter. Please keep us updated and know we are here for you.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Oh, Monique. I wish that I had comforting words for you, but I know that nothing I say will make you feel the way that you want to feel right now, which is better, with your daughter home. I was one of those girls who left home at 16 sweetie, and I made it. I did o.k. When I left, I was running from one of my parents and couldn't contact the other. My situation was different. But, I did have the sense to find a friend to stay with and I had listened enough along the way to my mother's words and knew how to stay safe while I was on my own. She's going to be o.k., because you got her this far and she listened to your guidance this far. Remember that. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. So sorry. PM me if you need me. I thought you had been too quiet lately. At least she packed things, so you know she did plan it. There is a positive to it if you can look at it that way. It's better than wondering the other way, right? You hang in there and I would bet that she calls you before the week is up. Or at least one of her friends contacts you. It's gonna be o.k. Wish I were closer to give you a hug.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
You are of course still in my thoughts and prayers. :heart: my heart goes out to you and your daughter and family!
HUGS AND LOVES!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'm really sorry that you're going through this! I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope that she comes back soon.

·
Fluffy Chimphead
1,037 Posts
OMG hun i am soo very sorry that you and your family have been going threw this. I don`t know what it could possibly be like to go threw this, i will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
oh my god! i'm so sorry this is happening to you. know i love you lots and your family is in my prayers *hugs*

·
PT's Troll Hunter
2,687 Posts
Remember that you can email my mom. She's keeping an eye on her mailbox.

I would say more, but I'm at a loss. You know we all love you and are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. She'll be home soon and things will be less stressful. I wish I could give you a huge hug. :(

·
Registered
968 Posts
Keeping your family in my prayers. Hugs to you and your family. This must be so tough for you, my heart really goes out to you. Praying your family will be reunited soon and that everyone is safe.

Perhaps you could post a picture of her in your signature so other members in your area could be on the lookout for her.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts