Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to assume that, since Nugget eats his cecotrophs..fresh...that I can go ahead and scoop the poops out of his litter box daily? He sure makes a TON of them and I like for him to have a clean place to go. He's so good about using his box right now but I don't want to pose a risk to him by getting rid of his poops every day. There are usually several left over so he knows where to go but I'd like to get rid of the big piles. Does anyone else do this? (I promise I'm not anti-poop LOL but it's so easy to scoop out with a little cup!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! It's not very stinky which is nice, but he fills it up really fast. When I first saw him eating his ceco's I thought 'Wow, he really grooms his privates a lot." Then I noticed he was chewing when he came back up, and I thought, "Hm, maybe he had some hay stuck in his fur." I was under the mistaken impression that he'd drop them into his litterbox and then eat them. So I'm glad I don't kiss him on the nose or anything now. :dead:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hahaha! When I let Ruby out to play, my dog Buddy tries to sneak in and eat any extra poop laying out of her cage.. It's strange but if her cage is really messy I sometimes let him do it! xP

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha! When I let Ruby out to play, my dog Buddy tries to sneak in and eat any extra poop laying out of her cage.. It's strange but if her cage is really messy I sometimes let him do it! xP
LOL well I guess he wants some extra fiber! :eat: My friend's cat eats her bunny's food when he's out of his cage...well, until the bun catches it and then shoos the kitty out!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hahah, aww! Ruby is intrigued by Buddy. She doesn't want to scare him away because he's bigger, but she doesn't want him to walk all over her. I just have to be careful because Buddy is a poodle, and they are bred to chase rabbits and squirrels so he's always licking his chops when he's around Ruby (thinking she's a snack). He knows better while I'm there, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts