Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo...I recently had to treat my scorpion for mites and she was in a bare tank with just paper towels. It appears they are gone and I just set up her 15 gallon enclosure again. Substrate is coco/peat moss. It is nothing fancy,as emperors don't need anything fancy,but I like it.

She is currently in her feeding container (I feed her in a separate area,as crickets attract mites and if she leaves pieces of crickets around...well mites love that! In her feeding container,I can easily clean it and not risk losing cricket/food limbs in the substrate) and I am waiting for the substrate to dry out a bit as it is a bit too wet before I put her back in here...but at least you can see how it looks now.

BTW I finally (after months) named her. Her name is Pagan. I wasn't going to name her,but I was always just calling her "the scorpion" or "the scorp",so I decided she needed a name. Pagan has been sticking in my mind for weeks now,so that is her name.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
It looks nice! IMO simple enclosures look a little nicer than super duper complicated ones. ;)

Can you give them live plants? I used to have some in Millie's old cage for a few months before they died (I'm a notorious plant killer) and she seemed to like them. Her enclosure looked pretty similar.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jess - thanks! I am sure some live plants are safe,but I have such a terrible "brown thumb" and cannot keep them alive,so it would prolly just die.

And as I already said,she is currently in the feeder cage. New pics of her will come soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts