19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He doesn't have a name.
You can see where his stinger was chopped off...:(

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so cute :) I always wanted one, maybe someday :)
I KNEW I wasn't the only one who thought these guys are cute.They are cute in their own ways.Everyone I know seem to think they are ugly,nasty creatures.But I can appreciate their beauty.I am just sad his tail was chopped...kinda reminds me of mutilating cats (declawing) or things like that.

But he doesn't seem to know/notice.

I have waited 6+ years for my scorpion,so maybe one day you will have one.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Wow so cool! What did you name him? I maybe missed that...

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has no name.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Are you going to name him?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably not.
Dunno yet...maybe when I can sex it properly.
But as of now,no...probably not.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
I love what people refer to as "creept Crawly", I see so much beauty in them :) I think scorpions are amazingly beautiful, so sleek and designed so perfectly...my dad has one, it has its stinger, its named is Fling, my dad loves it so much :) I would love to own one, but I need to wait till I have a bigger house with more room, right now with the 3 cats, 3 dogs it wouldn't be a safe home, but someday :)

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Are you saying the "stinger" was removed deliberately?

That's disgusting if true.

How long has it been gone?

Bob

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I know you havent named him or her yet, but i was thinking would you be open to suggestions for names ? if so what about the name Ray ?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Cute!
Poor guy, his stinger amputation looks painful. :(
If I were to get a scorpion, his name would be Fluffy.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love what people refer to as "creept Crawly", I see so much beauty in them :) I think scorpions are amazingly beautiful, so sleek and designed so perfectly...my dad has one, it has its stinger, its named is Fling, my dad loves it so much :) I would love to own one, but I need to wait till I have a bigger house with more room, right now with the 3 cats, 3 dogs it wouldn't be a safe home, but someday :)
I agree.I can appreciate and respect "creepy crawlies" and even as a little girl,I was more intent to play with the spiders,earwigs and other bugs then dress up and play normal little girl games.

Next one I get I am seeking out a reputable supplier.

Are you saying the "stinger" was removed deliberately?

That's disgusting if true.

How long has it been gone?

Bob
Yep...apparently no pet stores are allowed to sell scorpions here in NL if the stingers are intact.I am not sure how long it was gone.

I do feel quite offended though that they feel they can just mutilate these animals.I have since decided that if I get another one or any other invert I am going the route of a reputable supplier.Unfortunately I do not know of any yet,as there are none here in NL...meaning I have to find one who will ship to NL.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I think its cool. Not the pet for me and when I come over I will look at it. But from a safe distance! lol It's also super cool that Chloe can grow up in a house with untraditional pets. :)
Jess, our uncle had a tarantula named Fluffy!! lol He was afraid of it and in order to clean out its terrarium he would scare it to one side with an object then clean then repeat for the other half of the terrarium! LOL I don't know WHY he had it if he was afraid.

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
Call him Sully from Godsmack or Peter , from Peter No Tail.

For Peter no tail see the You Tuber.

Without Stinger , thats just cruel.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Turns out its a girl. The spiky things indicated. Also, It grew its stinger back. I dont know when Lisa's coming back here to s'plain so I thought I would quell the fire about the mutilation.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
It did? LOL, petstore "safety" failed.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
I am so happy for the scorpion and Lisa :) there is so much conflicting info out there on the stingers lol, one site says they grow back after a molt or 2 another says they never did, but Lisa's Scorpion proved that they do grow back :) wooohooo

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
That's interesting. Spiders can regrow legs through subsequent molts. The legs start out small and get larger each molt.

I wasn't aware that it was possible with the telson (stinger) of a scorpion.

I'm assuming it was visible again after the molt?

As far as sexing, most people look at the pectines, the "comb" like things under the scorpion. The males are usually (but not always) larger than those of comparable female. It helps to have some experience with the animals, and another one to compare it too.

Bob

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
she posted pics on her Fb and the stinger is there, its clearly visible and it looks great, i know she will post here soon, I googled it yesterday and went to tons of different pages, all of them with different ideas on the topic, I am just so happy for her and her scorpion, I know how much it bothered her that her stinger was taken that way...

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think its cool. Not the pet for me and when I come over I will look at it. But from a safe distance! lol It's also super cool that Chloe can grow up in a house with untraditional pets. :)
Jess, our uncle had a tarantula named Fluffy!! lol He was afraid of it and in order to clean out its terrarium he would scare it to one side with an object then clean then repeat for the other half of the terrarium! LOL I don't know WHY he had it if he was afraid.
Yeah,Chloe has been around everything...turtles,rats,mice,guinea pigs,rabbits,geckos,a millipede,a scorpion...etc,etc,etc.At least she won't believe stupid and negative stereotypes as she gets older! :D

I am so happy for the scorpion and Lisa :) there is so much conflicting info out there on the stingers lol, one site says they grow back after a molt or 2 another says they never did, but Lisa's Scorpion proved that they do grow back :) wooohooo
Yep,I looked on a lot of pages and even asked people in an invert forum and there is so much conflicting info and advice...it is hard knowing what to believe,especially since I am a beginner with scorpions.And I did my research,but was not prepared for this.

But my scorpion did indeed regenerate her stinger/tail/telson...whatever you wish to call it.So anyone who tells me it is not possible,well I know from experience it IS.I have pictures and she sure has a "stinger" now.

Also I looked at sexing info/pictures and my scorpion's pectines are on the smaller side,so from what I gather from the pictures,I have a female.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts