Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate pulled me into the living room from my room where we saw our second oldest, Ratatouii 'freaking out'. He was standing and falling on his back legs, front paws jerking in the air, and 'mouthing'. I saw about a minute of this before he calmed down and i got him out of the cage.(Snoogen, our oldest, was watching him out of reach from what I could see)
He had a few more spasms in my hands(I had him in a towel) and calmed down. When I put him in my lap he got up and started trying to get off. When I let him he'd walk abit, sit down and start cleaning himself before repeating. Finally he stopped next to my laptop(we're on my bed) and just laid against it and started bruxing so hard he was eye boggling, which Ive NEVER seen him do!

Now hes just laying against me and looks like hes sleeping. I keep checking his breathing cause hes so still. But Im now freaked. what's going on?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what happened, though it does sound like a stroke. I'd get him in to the vet first thing in the morning. In the meantime, keep him warm and comfortable, and be sure he gets plenty of water. If he won't eat, try feeding him some baby food veggies. Mine like squash the best.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Agreed. Great advice from Breyer. I can't add much to what she said, but I wanted you to know I read your post and I am hoping you can get Ratatouii to the vet as soon as possible. Let us know how it goes with him. I will be thinking of him, poor little guy.:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the vet we go to doesnt take appointments till wednesday. But it gives me enough time to go to the plasma center and get the extra money to take him. We're worried because we've noticed his head tilting before this.
Fiance took all three boys because it turned out they had mites! Luckily we've already been keeping the boys and girls separate in different rooms so the girls and babies have none. So they're getting a oral med 1 a week to kill those. they also are getting us to bath them twice a week to prevent ringworm(fiance got it somehow) During the bath we have to be careful because Ratatouii will sometimes turn so much his head goes under!!
But ill let everyone know asap as soon as we know what will happen. Im still very worried for him. We have him and the other two boys out on the bed right now and hes just chilling next to Daddy.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, poor sweetie. Well, you know, it is great that Ratatoulli is being comforted by his people. I bet he feels secure and less anxious getting to chill out next to Daddy. When my boy rats were sick, they did not want to leave my husband's side. One of our boys, Klausse, who really favored my husband as his favorite person, literally clung to him when he started to put him back in his house, as if to say, "No, I need more love and comfort from you!" so my husband kept him on the bed for a longer time and cuddled him and baby talked to him while he lay on my husband's chest and lap. It helps so much when they are not feeling well. I am glad Ratatoulli is being loved. :approve:

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
I hope the vet visit goes well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts