Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dads girlfriend left and left her betta and ADF with us she does not want them. They are currently in a 1.5 gallon :( I have a cycled 10 gallon filter and betta food and all sorts of ADF food as I have a betta and was planning an ADF tank. I have a currently Empty ten gallon with some soft plastic plants ( they wont damage the betta or frog) which i plan to plant and has many hiding places. But I am currently The mommy to three hamsters and two fish tanks. I am wondering if I should take them on or let another home take them. And I plan to adopt mice when I am in the situation. Is it fair to take on another pet? All my pets are VERY well cared for. but I dont want to get overwhelmed and let anyone slip

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
If you feel you can handle it and you want them, I don't see why not. Fish tanks don't require much attention, especially bettas and ADF. They are pretty clean, and they won't need the amount of water a changes a ACF or goldfish or something would. A single betta or frog in a 10 gallon is majorly under stocking it, so it will require even less maintenance than usual.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think The ten gal will go in storage and I will let dad adopt out the frog and betta. My ten is planned for an ADF tank but now is not the time for it. I'm working on getting a job and finishing cages for hamsters right now. I dont need another pet

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very mature decision.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up selling my ten gallon ... I found a kitten who is gonna need a home and I had been planning to get one in a few months anyway. Hopefully I can get a job soon :) But so far babysitting money has been enough to spoil my pets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts