Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, My name is Babels80 and I just signed up to this site and I hope I can get some insight here..I have a 3 yr old male cat and he's been acting a little strange lately. The other day I was doing the dishes and found him laying in a very clean roasting pan on the table and when I called him to get down, their was no response..He looked as though he was in a deep sleep but his eyes were open and almost fully dilated. He looked like he was in some kind of trance..I then very gently picked him up and he just layed in my arms motionless..his breathing was ok but he was almost lifeless..i then placed him on the carpet and he wobbled and just layed there.I didn't know what to do. So i layed a very soft blanket on the floor and put him in it. He layed there for about 5 minutes with his paws arched out and his chin to the floor before he fell asleep. 10 minutes later he had woke from this "i don't know" trance and he got up like nothing ever happened and back to himself again. Now today is 2 days later from the incident and he looks alittle sick..he's got these sad eyes and he is almost lifeless again not the normal spunk he has when i come home. i work 2ns shift so he always greets me at the door happy that i'm here but he's just soo sad or sick again. I think i better take him to the vet's anyone have a solution for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. It's soo strange to me, cuz right now he is sitting with me at the computer and he's just fine. He's licking my fingertips as i'm typing and kissing my nose.He has his spunk and it's like he was never sick. this has got to be the weirdest thing ever.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw, I hope he's okay. I know that cats wil often try to pretend they're not in discomfort- all part of the facade! My cat Oliver might have worms but he deals with his discomfort as best he can while in our presence and goes at it when we're not looking. Dogs, on the other hand, exaggerate their pain for attention.
I would note his litter box and eating habits and examine him for anything external.. It still won't hurt to have him looked at by the vet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not a vet, but he could have had a mini stroke or this could be a pre-seizure type of event. A vet check is the only way to know for sure.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That sounds alarming and worrying, hope there's nothing serious about him, take him to the vet when you a chance..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your responses..Brady is doing good so far. I have been monitoring his habits and I have realized he is eating way...more than usual. He is at his food at least every 15 to half hour. I'm starting to get the conclusion that he might not be getting the correct nutrition that he needs in his food. I gave him a can of tuna as a treat and loved it! he was bouncing off the walls right after. I have made plans to have him seen at the vet's, and I also been looking into pet insurance. I love my cats and I hate to see them suffer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u might be right..Brady has had seizures in the past 2 I witnessed. The reason for the seizures was that he had a allergic reactions to the fleas meds I was giving him. My cats had never had a single flea on them but when I moved into this new apartment there are 3 other cats living in the place and I don't want my cats to get them.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I wouldn't feed tuna to them( http://www.socal.com/articles/63-27.html #9 thing there) If feeding tuna is something you normally do then I would go straight to the vet and have him looked at for a deficiency in taurine. Maybe that would be why he's eating more than usual.

What kind of food does he normally eat?? I leave dry out all day for grazing (just took Ol in off the streets so he needed to plump up) and he gets wet food in the morning which he snacks on during the day until it's gone. Cats need moisture in thier food and cats fed mainly or solely dry food can become dehydrated and sick. I would bump up the wet food for sure. - Make sure it's cat food is all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts