Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Berdych defeated Andrey Golubev of Kazakhstan in three sets on Thursday,Related Theme Articles:
, the final point coming close to midnight because rain delayed the start of the program by several hours.
Berdych had not played up to his Wimbledon form all week,Related Theme Articles:
,Discount Coach Bags, needing three sets to defeat Russian Dmitry Tursunov in his first match before being stretched to the limit by Golubev.
Top seed Berdych, playing in his first tournament since losing to Rafael Nadal at the All-England Club two months ago,Poppy Coach Bags, admitted he was playing a step behind Malisse all afternoon.
Sports He landed only 53 percent of his first serves against the 62nd-ranked Malisse, who compounded the problem by returning serve brilliantly during the two-hour, 10-minute match.
"I don't see any other sport that would have it like that,Related Theme Articles:
,Doudoune North Face," he said. "It's the quarter-finals, quite a big tournament. Every one wants to see good tennis, not two players sleeping on the court."
An angry Berdych conceded Malisse "deserved to win" but said the scheduling was inexcusable.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych showed the effects of a prolonged layoff and a late night by losing to scrappy Belgian Xavier Malisse in the quarter-finals of the Washington Classic on Friday.
(Editing by Frank Pingue)
The lanky Czech had to turn around and play the opening match of the Friday session,Coach Purses On Sale, a move by schedule makers that has Berdych thinking about not returning in 2011.
"Playing late last night and then early today I didn't even get 12 hours. This is a really bad experience for a top seed. I was not 100 percent ready. That's very sad for me.
"I wanted to play good but there was no chance."
Malisse,Black Coach Purses, who will play either Fernando Verdasco of Spain or Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis in the semi-finals, also played Thursday night in a stunning 7-6 7-6 upset over fifth-seed John Isner that ended near midnight.
"The first set I felt like I was still sleeping," the eighth-ranked Berdych said after losing 6-4 3-6 6-2 under warm but breezy conditions at the $1.2 million hardcourt event.
"It was tough," said Malisse. "But we finished almost at the same time. So we both faced the same thing. You have to get through it."
"Maybe I won't come next year,The North Face," he said. "If you like the tournament and the place then you always want to come back. If you have an experience like this, well, we'll have to see."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts