Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo..my little bother has a gecko. kinda? he doesnt really take care of it. so ive been fostering it kinda,but i don't really know much or anything about geckos. i was gonna googlee but thats all straight factnot experience. he doesnt act sick. hes really active and curious if i pick him up. we feed him just crickets, that cool? he has ablacklight and everything but idk. sosome help would be cool since im a rat/gerbil/sheep/dog person. reptiles arent my thing but i'm not even gonna let this happen in my home.

we dont even have a name for him :( help with names too!:)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
What kind of gecko is it? I can't help you until I know what it is. :)

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a leopard gecko . its about 8 months old. idk how much it weighs or anything.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Well, here is a basic run-down of a leo set-up: You need 10-20 gallon cage, reptile carpet (or any non-particle substrate... Don't use sand, walnut shells, wood shavings, ect.), a digital thermometer (the dial and stick-on ones are not accurate), and a heat source (Either a UTH or a lamp). The hot side should be around 90*F, and the cool side should be 75-80*F. You want a temp. gradient of about 10-15*F in your cage. You also need a hide on both the hot and the cool side, and a humid hide for shedding. They need calcium in a little dish to lick, a water dish, and dust his crickets with calcium a couple times a week.

That's all I can think of right now. :) Any specific questions?

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm no none specific i dont think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts