Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never took a home ec. class in my life, and I don't have a sewing machine. I went through a "punk phase" when I was a teenager so I sewed a lot of patches onto a lot of hoodies with a lot of dental floss, but this was quite a bit different. However, I bought 2 metres of this cute fleece for $21 so I can't complain. Now, to commence the bragging, look at what I made!!

This was my practice run. It's open at the top so they can climb in.

This was another practice run, because I lost my tape measure, so I had to guesstimate sizes and had no pattern. Needless to say, I am really quite proud of the end result - and the girls love it! I've caught all five of them sleeping in it together and it held up.

Emptied out the cage to clean it and hung up the new stuff. I can't believe how bare their cage looks without all of their toys, hammocks, etc.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Adorable---you did a great job!! :D

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Aww, that's so cute! :D It kinda makes me want some ratties, so I can sew adorable toys for them!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
wow you did an amazing job ^_^ very impressive looks better then the store bought ones

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
There is no point going store bought anymore. :) Nice job on the hammocks especially the bunk bed. You might want to look into grommets for next time if your girls chew the hanging loops LOL

There are a ton of hammock makers out there for the sewing-challenged (like me!) and a lot will donate to rescues or are a rat rescue themselves so its a win-win situation.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Beautiful hammocks, nice job!!! The fabric is SO pretty too, and boy do you girls make great hammock models! :D

Super job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts