Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Friend to All Animals
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I started up a job with socializing our hearth stone's birds. They have two small, flightless black birds, a dove of some sort, 3 cockatiels, and 2 budgies. The dove is super friendly and knows how to step up but the cockatiels aren't near as friendly.
They don't like to be near me and I lately cleaned out their cage. Socialization will probably be difficult since they live in a glass cage.
I don't know what sexes the cockatiels are but they are all grown adults. They don't really attack me when I enter the cage but they don't exactly accept pettings like the dove does. If you put your hand near them they open their beaks in an attempt to bite.
Their wings aren't clipped either.
So how can I safely socialize these guys without getting a piece of my finger ripped off? I hear cockatiels can be great birds if you put the time and effort into training.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
if your worried about being bit try a thick glove on your hand like a gardening glove this is how we tamed ours when i was a kid, however dont force them slowly move towards them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts