Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sophie is the newest addition to our family. We adopted her when she was 9 weeks old and she is now 15 weeks old. She loves following you around the house, pouncing on us and the other pets in the house. Shes full of energy and loves to play. Shes a real sweetheart too. Heres some pictures of her since we've had her.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww so cute she looks like my mickey ^_^

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
She is too cute!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Very very sweet and playful kitty, she's surely a great entertainer. Congratulations!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wishbone-Thank you and she is an entertainer likes making you laugh at her antics. Shes very playful and a real sweetie.

Purple-Hops-Thank you, and I wouldn't call her an angle. Shes a mischievous, playful little girl who likes to keep you on your toes, but she is a real sweetheart and can be an angle when she wants to. She thinks my camera is a toy and likes to play with it. That time she got it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is no matter how much trouble she gets into you can't help but love her.
Next week shes going in for her last distemper booster were hoping it goes well as last time she didn't have a good reaction to it. Her rabies shot is the following week and then she will be spayed as soon as shes 5 lbs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sophie was unable to get her distemper shot today because she has an upper respiratory infection. She will be getting it next week provided she is over the infection.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
isnt that the FVRCCP or whatever shot? They gave that to Emma even though she had an URI

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure of the actual name for it as we've always called it distemper. I think so though, I'm not exactly sure. I feel kinda stupid for not knowing that since I volunteer at a vet clinic but I've always heard it being called distemper and not any other name.

She had a bad reaction to it last time so since shes sick as well they didn't want to risk her having an even worse reaction which is why our vet wanted to hold off on giving her the shot.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
here they call it distemper/upper respiratory. Emma had diarrhea from it or her wormer .. we dont know. She is lovely. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about Emma being sick as well, glad to hear shes better now.
Thank you, shes going to be on the antibiotic for about a week if everything goes how we and the vet hope it will.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
vaccines are very hard on their bodies but in the long run it is good for them :) A week of antibiotic isnt so bad.. is it oral?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I think out of all of our pets shes the only one whose had such a bad reaction to it. No a week isn't bad at all. Yes its oral. She doesn't like it one bit, but who does like medicine.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
oh yeah thats a pain what I did with Emma was wrap her in a blanket and squirt it into the back of her mouth quickly close her mouth and stimulate her throat ... its best to do when they are sleepy. it sounds cruel but its the only way they will get better

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. What we've been doing so far is holding her and opening her mouth, and then squirting it in a little at a time so she doesn't choke on it. That seems to work for her.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
I just find its best to annoy them as short a time as possible. Depends how much you are giving Emmas was only .2 ml

1 - 20 of 37 Posts