Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be easier to let my friend take Kari and her new buddy as he wanted to get 6 girls if Sora had babies. Leaving me with the four boys.

One of them got lose when my Niece picked to play with it and a cat found him a fun "toy" he doesn't look to bad I got him quickly when she came running saying she dropped a rat.

He has a little bleeding (one drop) above one eye and a light starch on one of his back legs. He's walking fine and running around claiming the cage.

My worry is, will his brothers do anything to hurt him? They keep following him around and I'm guessing sniffing his back legs? They are all sadly very cat friendly as a group of four kittens grow up with them and like to play (the rat are in their cage and the kittens come over). The rats will put their nose out and sometimes nibble on them, they in turn will put as much of their paw in as they can and then the rats jump around on it.

But not what I'm worried about. Should I go get the one boy his own cage until healed, or will his brothers just try and help him out? What should I look for in case they don't like him in there any more?

Oh and when I fix my camera I'll put up new photos of them. Their getting so big.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Its normal for a rat to sniff another who has a different smell on them or an injury. They should all stay together, they don't just toss out a member of a colony like that.

Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad, but internal injuries can take a while to show up, so we shall keep our fingers crossed. I assume a new rule in your home is Adult supervision if any kids want to handle the rats?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I just wanted to make sure. As for the kid bit, it's been a rule not to touch any of them without me there. But she likes testing my rules. So now I have a lock on the door.

And thanks, I didn't think they were going to hurt him or anything. I checked him over today and allI could find was the little dried up blood over one eye. The eye looks fine however. The back leg I'm guessing was from the eye part when he jumped? Because there is no blood or even a mark on it now.

Oh and their names are, Yu, Jin, Kei (the one who got hurt), and Cho (the runt of them). Again I will try and get some new photos of them when I can. They are so big now and just to cute when hoping around. Oh they also play with the ferrets sometimes. Jin, like to copy their sideways hop (as do the kitten)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts