Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on holiday for a week someone came in twice a day to feed my caged monsters - not the best i kno but it was all i could find cos my bf had to go on exercise :(... anyway since i got back - whenever i leave the room Jacob starts sqwarking at top of his voice and when i return sits sqweeking "EEK" "EEK" "EEK" with his little mouth spreadin wide as he does each one... is he just being a pest because i left?:confused:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
That sounds like an alarm call so he was spooked by something. Whether it's because you left or something unrelated, it's hard to tell over the internet.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
he does it when ever i leave the room! shall i just leave him too it? lol
How long have you had him? That's usually a common behavior for newer degus that stops once they feel comfortable. He should stop on his own with time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv had him since last september! Also while i was away... between him and the chinchillas they COVERED the floor in poo they chucked out their cage... have never done that before either

·
Registered
13 Posts
It sounds just like the stress of you not being around for awhile maybe? I left my degus for two days to be babysat at a neighbors house and even with constant attention they chucked all the poo out of their cage and they never did that before. Maybe just talk to them when they're squeaking, or cuddle them. They may just be afraid you're going to leave them again. Silly creatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts