Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a very special day for me. My boys, Stanley and Russell, are turning two years old. :confetti:

It's a day that many times I did not think Russell would live to see because of his health problems for much of his life. Despite their old age and their more recent, complicated health problems, both of them are still very happy, eager boys. I am so proud of them and so happy to have spent the past two years with them. I will cherish all the time I have left with them, however long or short that may be. :heart:

I'll be sure to post some photos and/or videos here later tonight. :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Birthday photos!

Here are some pictures from their birthday dinner tonight!

Russell waiting for dinner:

Stanley taking a pre-dinner nap:

Their special dinner, with some of their favorite foods (banana, squash, sweet potato, kale and blueberries):

Chowing down: :lol:

I am uploading some videos to their youtube channel right now, so I'll post the links in a little bit. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a few videos of them. The background noise is the fans, since it's still hot here. In the first one, you'll see Russ has some porphyrin around his nose. That is normal for him, especially after waking up, so don't be worried. :) They had a very nice day, and they finished their dinner in the blink of an eye! :lol:

Russell on his two-year birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilbYzL5XZY

Stanley in his digging tub on his two-year birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZKLHG91mdQ

Excited for their birthday dinner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHMIz3LL0os

Russell and Stanley's special birthday dinner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2c82K-xws

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh my goodness, I completely forgot that today is July 22nd!! Holy cow, your boys are 2 years old today!! A super happy day for sure! And also, a bit bittersweet because my beloved Klausse and Wolfgang were born the exact same day as Stan and Russ, so I am thinking of them too today.

I am sure that Klausse and Wolfie are making special visits to their buddies to wish them a very happy birthday though. :)

Thank you so much for posting the birthday pictures! Boy, their dinner looked like a fancy plate you would get in an expensive restaurant! What spoiled happy babies, hooray! You are the best mother to them Breyer..they are SO lucky. They would agree with me!

Happy Birthday to Stan and Russ, and congrats that you are 2 years old!! :partyhat: I am beside myself. So happy to see them enjoying their birthday. This time give them extra special snuggles and birthday kisses from Auntie Vlad and Uncle Marc, okay? I love you boys!! Have fun today! :sneakyhug

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Vlad! I think you posted at the same time as me, so you probably haven't seen their videos yet, but I linked to them in the post above yours. :D I have been thinking about you guys today, and Klausse and Wolfie, since they are kindred spirits looking over my boys. :hugg2: I'm really happy to be able to share this special day with you and Marc. I'll make sure to give them extra kisses from you!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, I am glad you are thinking of my boys today too. :)
I figured since they have the same birthday you might remember that. I got a little sad thinking about Klausse and Wolfie, and of course I could hear them talking to me from their framed picture on my computer desk (the one of both of them smiling so big in their ceramic "hot tub") and chastising me, saying, "MOM! Don't be sad, sheesh! We are doing great!". :dream: You know.

I am also glad you are giving Russ and Stan special birthday snuggles and kisses from us. :)

Yep, I missed the videos so I will be sure to take a look at them. Great!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Birthday Videos

Yay, I just saw the birthday videos!! Marc is not home yet but he will LOVE seeing them. :D

It is so neat to hear you talk to your boys because you sound just like me when I would talk to my babies every day. :)

I loved seeing the videos, they were great!! Thanks so much for posting those and it was so wonderful to see Russ and Stan getting the birthday song sung to them. Hooray!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yay!! So glad you liked them! They had a good birthday. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I am SO glad, and they deserve the best birthday ever. :D

Marc watched the videos and saw the photos when he got home...he loved them so much, we watched them twice. :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Dustette! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts