Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So poor Stanley started shedding last night. Since he refuses to try his humid hide, he was pretty miserable. When geckos shed it is all supposed to come off at once, but his wouldn't so he was scooting around his tank last night, and rubbing against everything. This morning he had gotten most of it off: There was still some on his foot, the end of his tail, and under it. But the shed in his eye had gotten HUGE... Before he could mostly close his eye around it, but it was completely bulging out of his eye now! So I gave him another soak, put some water on it, and started gently rubbing it... And this is what come out of Stanley's eye:

His eye looks like it is permanently damaged though. :( It is completely black and opaque-looking.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
poor stanley, :( have you contacted dragonrain about it shes really good with the whole gecko thing.did you end up bringing him to the vet to have it checked ?

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did call the vet, and they told me the best thing I could do for him is to soak him twice a day fr 15 minutes, and call them back if it didn't come off in a week or two. I'm going to call them again on Monday, and see if I should be giving him anitbiotics or anything.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
I did call the vet, and they told me the best thing I could do for him is to soak him twice a day fr 15 minutes, and call them back if it didn't come off in a week or two. I'm going to call them again on Monday, and see if I should be giving him anitbiotics or anything.
poor little man your such a good lizard mommy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.