Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sooooo happy! As most of you know,I have been trying to introduce Dox and Kahlua to eachother.No success.Kahlua disliked Dox and would never accept him.I gave up for awhile...but just the other night,I decided to try again.

I brought them out to the couch and this is what happened...from this...

To this...

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

They now share a cage together and cuddle up.It is so cute.Kahlua don't like when Dox bugs him while they are eating and will tackle poor Dox and even sometimes when I open the cage door,Kahlua will push Dox out of the way - wanting my attention to himself...but otherwise they are buddies now!

YAY FOR SUCCESS!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Yay, congrats!! :D That's great to hear!

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
YAY!!! hehehe!
I'm so happy they are successfully together :D
xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Woot! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Ratties getting along and making progress is always a good thing. Yay!:D

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
That's awesome!! Good for you in persevering with the bonding efforts. I'm so glad they can live together now.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Me too.

Kahlua was doing fine as a lone rat and was super happy.But Dox seemed to need a buddy and I was feeling bad for li'l Dox...so I tried again.It didn't take too long this time.There was a few scuffles,but then I put the carrier out and they went in and started cuddling! So then I cleaned one of the cages,so neither of their scent was in it and introduced them in there and they are great buddies now!!! :D

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
Aww thats soo cool! Way to go hun! I am glad they can finally live together they will both be so happy now they have eachother! xx

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
aww..Im glad they finally got along..now if only my cat would accept my kitten..lol

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Hehe :D
As you know I've resently introduced Arthur back to the boys, and the suprising thing is that he is fine with them in the cage, but there are some really bad scuffles when they are out of the cage, maybe this could be the case with Kahlua and Dox aswell, but I think they sound fine and it's nice to see them snuggling :)
Btw; I adore the seventh picture down, it reminds me of the film, kongfu Panda (I think thats the name LOL)
xxxx

·
Registered
745 Posts
oh congrats!!! I'm so glad they are now buddies ^^

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
YAY!!!! *dances* that's awesome!! i'm so happy, and they'll be so happy too :)

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts