Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been loosely toying with the idea of getting a sugar glider just wondering about how much it is to get a good sugar glider set up, including animal. Have plenty of stuff for reptiles and amphibians but nothing for a sugar glider so I would need everything.

·
PT's Official Law Breaker
1,449 Posts
Sugar Glider-Standard Grey $150-175 if bought from a breeder
Cage-$60-200 Depends whether you make your own or what sort you buy
2 Sleeping Pouches and a Bonding Pouch $15-50 (depending on what sort you buy and from whom)
Wheel $12-25
Toys $20 plus (if you search the dollar stores and garage sales and make some of your own it is a lot cheaper than if you buy toys online. Some of the toys online start at $20)
BML ingredients $35-45 many ingredients last a long time though (I don't know what diet you are going to follow, but this is what we feed, so I know what it costs)
Mealworms 100 for $3
Fruits and veg ????

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, thats about what i envisioned being the initial costs. I probably won't get one now because school and work take 50 to 60 hours a week plus a girlfriend and i just don't think I could devote the time i needed to it, because they take some time to bond, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks, thats about what i envisioned being the initial costs. I probably won't get one now because school and work take 50 to 60 hours a week plus a girlfriend and i just don't think I could devote the time i needed to it, because they take some time to bond, right?
You're absolutely right. I make sure to have my two girls out for at least a few hours every day/night. My boyfriend likes to spend time with them, though, too, so it cuts down on the actual "workload".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts