Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weell, this post is about a rat, but I figured suger glider owners would be able to help me.
See, I want to put a harness on my rat. Problem? My rat has other ideas. I can get it on him, but then he starts acting funny, wobblying and falling over. Then I put him in his traveling cage so he doesn't fall of of anything, that's when he does his rat thing and gets out. Now, I understand the harness IS a bit intrusive, so I bought a sugerglider harness, I figured, the two animals are kinda built similiar, they both have lithe bodies, and tiny hands to lift away harnesses, so if they have one JUST for gliders, they prolly fixed that problem.
So I bought it, and I'm staring at it..and have no idea how to put it on him ;.;
Anyone who can help?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fubie,
I have a couple of harnesses for my gliders, though they usually get out of them. It should be a figure 8 idea.. two loops with a connector in the middle? Each of the front arms goes thru its own hole, with that connector thing on the top. If there's a snap, that goes at the top. Confused? You can email me if you'd like, maybe we can swap pics of the harness and how to put it on. :) [email protected]

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Some animals just don't like that kinda thing. Kinda like putting a collar on a kitten, they try to back out of it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KrazyKritter said:
Fubie,
I have a couple of harnesses for my gliders, though they usually get out of them. It should be a figure 8 idea.. two loops with a connector in the middle? Each of the front arms goes thru its own hole, with that connector thing on the top. If there's a snap, that goes at the top. Confused? You can email me if you'd like, maybe we can swap pics of the harness and how to put it on. :) [email protected]

All right I'll try and find it, uh, later, right now it's buried in my trunk, and my trunk has loooots of stuff on it, including about 5 dollars in change x.x
Oh, and there was no clasp, which confused me the most.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
myep

Yeah, I was begining to think he was just one of THOSE rats, but then again, it could be that most rats don't like the harness =o

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've heard that you're not supposed to use harnesses on Sugar Gliders because it could hurt them or damage their "wings" or gliding membrane, for lack of a better word? lol

I had rats for years and never put a harness on them. My large siamese colored male would just be happy to sit in the pouch in the front of my hoodie/sweater and come with me that way. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts