Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the process of looking for two female piggies, and thinking to get me a good christmas gift, my boyfriend went out and bought me this cage for them. My plan has been to build a C&C cage, I did a lot of looking around for good pricing on materials and figured out where I would place it, and based on that, how I would build the cage to maximize the square footage at 12. The cage my bf got for me is about 5-6 square feet, and from what I've been reading, at least 7-8 square feet are suggested for one piggie. If I want to have two, I feel like I need to give them the larger space, but he's already started to freak out because I didn't respond to his gift as warmly as he expected. I don't want to make him feel like his gift was unwanted or unappreciated. What should I do, push the C&C cage or accept the cage that I feel is unsuitable?

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Show him the literature/websites that recommend the larger cage size. Let him know that you loved the idea but you want to give them the C&C. Maybe he can help you assemble it, and pimp it out!?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That, and, maybe you can incorporate the cage he got into the overall C&C structure? I mean, I wouldn't have him take it back or anything. Smaller cages can come in handy especially if a piggy gets sick or otherwise needs some solitary down time. You could deck out his cage as maybe the loft and attach the C&C squares to the cage as the running area or something.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
You could place it into the C&C or even keep it for cage cleaning time. I would keep it as an add on or something but still build the C&C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.