Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Syrian Hamster

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  UrielYates 
#1 ·
Hi I have a Syrian hamster for almost 3 years and he has been very healthy he has a double bin cage side by side so he has lots of room, and also gets to run on a floor in a spare room when he is taken out in the evening. Unfortunately I had him in my hands and he jerked out of my hands across the counter I had him above onto the floor and I didn't see how he landed but of course was devastated , this happen before out of my hubbies hand last year or so , but seemed to recover. This time he was different after and so I took him to the vet. I thought he may have fractured something or sprained something he was much slower with reactions etc. The vet checked him over said he seemed mostly okay, she was a exotic vet. She said a xray would be costly and sedation, too much money but she said his body seemed okay etc, did check things pretty good. She did give me some anti inflammatory for 5 days as she thought he may be showing pain the way he was acting so a tactic, which I did notice also. So he did seem better, but recently he been acting more hyper than before when he is out, won't use his wheel barely seems like he is confused , no sure how else to put it. My question is has anyone ever had there hamster do this ? Is it age , he doesn't eat as much but still is peeing , but now when he plays he tires out like 15 min when I have him out sometimes just runs in a corner starts act I g a tactic or just sits there and hunches , falls asleep even on his wheel. Does anyone know what might be wrong.?

See less See more