Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tattoies babys are finnally ready to be sperated. I have picture of them beig together one last time but have to take pic of them in their new homes. I have decited to keep tattie and her little girl Laya I am keeping with her mom Baton ad Cheyenne and then interoing Eleanor in with them and have them live together but not with all the other girls. Cheyenne is getting to old and very very very slow so I think its a matter of just time know. But the babys are not ruff with her and gently play with her, but mom grandma and babies romp around but not near Cheyenne and Eleanor is so mellow that she gets picked on to much by the others and she got to stressed. Even though she is young she more on the level or attitude of Cheyenne.
So here they are all 4 of them. They are so cute. Even though I love little Laya Luke like his mom had stolen my heart and takes after mom in personally in every way.

Princese Laya, Padawan, Jabba (renamed jar jar binks by new owner) and Luke underneth

Laya, Luke and padawan

Laya and Luke my 2 babies and my screen saver for now.

Luke Skywalker who I thougt was Albino turned out to be a very light beige color. he almost blends in with my couch.

My minni me Tattoie except for diffrent sex and color.
thats it for know will take some when they get older and post their progress.
Diamond

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Ugh, what are you using for bedding and food? That cage is WAAAAY too small for a growing litter. Look to your husbandry Diamond. Its seriously lacking.

·
the rodent lover<3
626 Posts
Ugh, what are you using for bedding and food? That cage is WAAAAY too small for a growing litter. Look to your husbandry Diamond. Its seriously lacking.
That cage looks way too small for most animals, IMO. Ratties are cute, but you need a bigger cage :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
That cage is filthy gross. The rats barely have room to turn around, and are always walking in their own feces. Your poor rats.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That cage is filthy gross. The rats barely have room to turn around, and are always walking in their own feces. Your poor rats.
Did you ever think that she put them in a sperate cage with their mom? Ya'll are just downing her right from the start.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They sure are cute..I love hairless rattys. :) I'm glad you seemed to have to troubles with milk and lactating. I was worried about that.

But Diamond, I hate to ragg on you like the others, but your cages have always looked a little worn down. Since this is your last litter until you sell some babies (I think that's what you said?) maybe you should invest in some new cages.
You don't need to get really expensive ones, even just used ones off of Craiglist and other places..your rattys would enjoy it. :) I worry because the paint seems to be coming off the wires - couldn't that be harmful to the rattys?

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
They sure are cute..I love hairless rattys. :) I'm glad you seemed to have to troubles with milk and lactating. I was worried about that.

But Diamond, I hate to ragg on you like the others, but your cages have always looked a little worn down. Since this is your last litter until you sell some babies (I think that's what you said?) maybe you should invest in some new cages.
You don't need to get really expensive ones, even just used ones off of Craiglist and other places..your rattys would enjoy it. :) I worry because the paint seems to be coming off the wires - couldn't that be harmful to the rattys?
Its not so much the worn down cages, I have a couple like that (ALT's do that sadly), but its the size, the cleanliness, the food and the bedding...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its not so much the worn down cages, I have a couple like that (ALT's do that sadly), but its the size, the cleanliness, the food and the bedding...
Okay.. I was worried about the paint. But they prolly wouldn't put paint on cages that could be harmful, I'd hope.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
The ratties are cute.
But I agree,the first thing I noticed was it was dirty and small.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the hairless and double rex ratties, but I must say yours are very cute, especially the little black ones :)
I agree with the others about a larger cage though.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
You know, maybe she was just worried about cleaning the cage and potentially upsetting the mama. :/
Those babies are at least 4 weeks old. They are ready to be weaned and separated from the mom. Past the first few days you don't need to worry about upsetting the nest.

·
Registered
248 Posts
At least the babies look happy, socialized, and healthy? :(

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG can I not post something with out any of you *****ing. the beding is critter care same thing as care freash. The beding is not dirty if you look at the resolution my camera takes dark pictures so its not gonna look right, and if I coulc have lightend them you would see it is not dirty. Also if you payed attenchen to what I write you would have remeber this is one of my welping cages and when the babies are about 2 going on 3 and can move around good they get moved to a bigger cage.
Also in the picture they are only 3 weeks old not 4 and ready to leave mom. The pictures were of them being to gether for a little while longer before I had to sperat them. I anonced that they are sperated or ready to be but i ment they are sperated. They are know now 5 weeks.
This is the welping cag before the babies came the side veiw

This is the top veiw and also the care freash tends to be from a grey color to a icky brown color.

They are only in here till they are 2 weeks old. I have other cages and 10 gal tanks I also us as welping cages till they are 2 weeks of age then they move to a bigger one. Also they were in the cage while I cleaned out their other home before I sperated them.
Also whats wrong with there food they have food. Most of it in the picture was covered up becuase all my rats cover their food diches and also they had a salad while they waited for their new home to be cleaned. And they drug every thing all over. Besides if I made it to long some of you would start complaning that its to long.
No one eals seems to have a problem with the size welping cages I have for my females. And again they are Double Rexes not hairless or considered Mock hairless. Still same line as hairless acording to the hothorn, egeal eye and ARFMA rattery, Just called something diffrent becuase they have hair that growns then falls out then grows and falls out. Look at tattoies pictures on my wes site from 7 weeks to 5 months old if she was a hairless she would have lost her hair the 1st molt.
Now can we get back to the picture they were put on here as an update on her babies not about her food or bedding which is find. Here food is my mix that I make sorta like suebee deit.
Diamond

1 - 20 of 125 Posts