Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My degu Fennec seems to be having some interesting teeth troubles, despite the fact that I have plenty of toys suitible for chewing. Her bottom left tooth is quite alot longer than the right tooth and is growing sideways, making a gap between her 2 bottom teeth-large enough to stick her tougue through. I can't really tell just how long it has grown is because she wont let me near her mouth. She also wont let her sister Joey-Lee groom her anymore around that area which worries me alot! Fennec isn's closing her mouth quite right either and it is more open on the left side. She was grinding her teeth then pulling at the tooth for a short time. Now it seems that she isn't chewing on the left side of her mouth at all because the top left tooth is now longer then the top right tooth!! She is still drinking but in an odd way. When she goes to eat, she picks up and drops the food a few times before nibbling on it.

please help!!!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
The tooth needs to be clipped, your vet can do this.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
What can be done about the tooth growing sideways?
Regular trimming, some animals just have that issue.

Either way, she needs treatment asap before it gets to the point where she can't eat properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
See my new post. Had I read this one before, I could have written it here.
Trouble with teeth that need to be clipped, can be a result of diabetes.
A good diet and clipping of course.

good luck for Fennec,
Hannah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts