Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blitzen is starting to lose too many teeth at one time. He looks like he's losing 4 at the same time and he's bleeding quite a bit and its starting to worry me. Is it normal for a dog to lose so many teeth at once and be bleeding as much as he is? I've been giving him ice cubes all morning cuz he can't chew any of his toys but he likes to nibble on my arm which I let him do. The ice helps for a little while. Oh and he's already lost one first thing in the morning..so if you count that it's 5 in one day if the rest fall today.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They can be loose for a day or so. Keep an eye on it. It might not be anything to worry about. Depending on how much blood. It's normal to see it on toys and what not. Why can't he have his toys? When harley had his double teeth a couple of rope toys that was easy to pull at seemed to be all he needed to knock them all out. :) So he lost all 4 canines in a day.

You can also wet a washcloth and freeze it for a chewing project and to help soothe his gums.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
don't let him chew your arm, i know it doesn't hurt now but it will later. and what was once ok and then isn't causes confusion

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't let him chew your arm, when he is older and tries this, it WILL hurt and it will confuse him when you scowl him.

To help his gums, get a cold wet towel, or a frozen waffle. Keep a eye on the bleeding, if it gets really bad take him to a vet to make sure he is okay.

Every dog is different, some lose teeth once a week, or others like yours, loses many in a day. It's like humans really.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he lost 5 teeth in 2 days...3 one day and 2 the next day. Right now there's no loose tooth and no bleeding but I don't think he's done yet. He wouldn't chew his toys that day or play with them. He was just kind of lounging all day or just walking/ running everywhere..down the stairs and then back up until he'd need water because he was so thirsty lol. I still give him lots of ice cubes during the day. And he's playing again with his toys and I don't think he's got any more loose teeth right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts