Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know,I was fostering Kiefer and Sutherland (rats) for the local rescue. I was fostering since April and nobody was interested in them. Out of all the rats,the prettier ones were adopted first. In the months I had them,I fell in love with them and bonded with them and so I finally decided to sign the adoption papers.

Kiefer & Sutherland are mine officially now. Now for a name change. I am actually leaning towards the names Buddy and Jolly. They seem to suit these guys.

New pictures will come soon.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow, congrats! I had forgotten that you were just fostering them and I thought they were yours already. I thought Keifer and Sutherland were great names...you don't like those names?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, congrats! I had forgotten that you were just fostering them and I thought they were yours already. I thought Keifer and Sutherland were great names...you don't like those names?
Nope. Twas fostering since April. I planned on adopting them a bit earlier,but then decided to not and just see if anyone else was interested. But I ended up bonding with them and couldn't let them go with someone else.

Nah. I don't like the names,nor do I like the actor. Also the girl who picked them up from the bad home named them and I dislike her and unfortunately the names remind me of her. So now that these guys are mine,I can finally change the names and give them names that better suit them.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ahh, I see! Well in that case, I love the names Buddy and Jolly. You are right, you don't want them to keep names that give you negative vibes. New names are a great idea. Buddy and Jolly sound great!!! Very happy sounding names! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I have personal issues with her,which I won't bring to this forum. But I rather not be reminded of her and she named all 10 of the rats that came in together.

Oh I am happy to say though,ALL but 2 ratties are adopted. Those last 2 (Donnie & Dexter) have a wonderful foster home and she is probably going to end up adopting them as well.

I call all of my rats "buddy" or "buddies"...hehe. I dunno,we will see what I decide.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
:D Hope the one that bit me isn't Buddy!!! LOL (*just a side note, he didn't bite me, he nipped my finger bc I had pizza smell on them) But that still doesn't make us friends :D

Just kidding :) They have a great home now.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D Hope the one that bit me isn't Buddy!!! LOL (*just a side note, he didn't bite me, he nipped my finger bc I had pizza smell on them) But that still doesn't make us friends :D

Just kidding :) They have a great home now.
Haha,yep...that one (Kiefer) is Buddy. Jolly is the other one (Sutherland),because he always seems to be happy & jolly. They are not biters though! Unless you have food smell on your hand/fingers,they nip a bit. They are my only rats that tend to nip fingers if they smell food.

I suppose that is possibly because they were never handled before we got them and were not fed much and had to compete for the food.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol I know they're best kind. Was only joking. They didn't turn me off rats or anything :D
:D :yes:
True though. Besides you can't be turned off by rats...Angus is a ratty! :hehe:

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
I'm glad to hear this! Let's hear it for Buddy and Jolly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts