Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I loved the last pic, he looked like enough alreadyl, you got a naked hoggy pic of me al ready, with the bath and all, but do they really need to see me with a towwl on!! C'mon mom!!! Let me have the camera!!! Give it here
lol ok What I am trying to say is he looks like he has tons of personality

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes I am a breeder, I wasn't saying that you weren't a good owner. But if you have been owning hedgehogs for eight years, I would hope that you would already know that it only takes less than 5 seconds for hedgehogs to breed. If I were you and I wasn't looking to raise a litter of hedgehogs at the moment, then I would not be putting my male in female together for play time.

Good types of food :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lauren said:
Yes I am a breeder, I wasn't saying that you weren't a good owner. But if you have been owning hedgehogs for eight years, I would hope that you would already know that it only takes less than 5 seconds for hedgehogs to breed. If I were you and I wasn't looking to raise a litter of hedgehogs at the moment, then I would not be putting my male in female together for play time.

Good types of food :)
Speedy is actually neutered. ;)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Your hedgehogs are super cute.
i really did not know people kept them as pets.
Yours do not look so spiky especially Flower.
Do they bite?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
god they are thes most beautiful animal i ever seen! i wish we could find them here in Brazil :( the pictures made me laugh very badly specially the first one lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
very cute pics! could you tell me how you give your hedgie a bath? when i give mine a bath i just usually use water and brush her out a bit..when i asked the pet store they said they werent sure what kindof soap,etc, was safe to use on hedgies..thanks in advance!

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
OMG what adorable hedgies!!! I would love to have a hedgie as a pet but its never gonna happen lol. You cant get them over here unless you find them wild but then they should stay wild as thats what they know!!! Where do you get yours from?

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Great pictures! I love the one where he is being a grump!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I got my hedgies from a local pet store here in town called Zany zoo. That was before I knew there were actual breeders. :)

As far as bathing, I use tear from baby shampoo. I fill up my bathroom sink with lukewarm water and pour soapy suds over their back, and then use that to clean their belly. I use an old toothbrush to lightly brush their quills and toenails and then rinse with lukewarm water. Sometimes if they get dirty on their bellies I will scruff them to wash them, but that's pretty rare.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ha ha, so cute. The last pic is hilarious, do the spikes hurt?

·
Registered
62 Posts
So a baby shampoo that has to do with no tearing...basically? What does it mean to scruff them? Hey thanks so much!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts