Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little info for all you inquiring minds;)

The Miniature Schnoodle is 1/2 Miniature Schnauzer and 1/2 Miniature Poodle. A sturdy little dog, he weighs about 12 to 15 pounds on the average and stands 12 to 15 inches at the shoulder. He is small enough to pick up and carry, yet big enough to run a few miles! It is not necessary to take long walks with the Schnoodle, although they would love it. The Schnoodle does fine with a game of fetch daily.

Although they do not require a lot of exercise, those who are considering this mix need to realize they are a typical puppy and all puppies are very active.

The Schnoodle is a fun-loving, friendly and loyal dog. The Schnoodle adores his family and will make a quick friend of others, if treated correctly. They love to be with their family in a car, boat or on the couch. The Schnoodle prefers to be a lap dog, but they can be happy just sitting near you. Although they thrive when enjoying life with their family, they are capable of staying home alone. However, I do not recommend any dog spend countless hours alone. A dog needs their mind and body exercised. No dog should be alone for over 8 hours a day, no more than five days a week. They should have plenty of attention on the weekends.

The Schnoodle is NOT an excessive barker by nature. Most dogs become yappy because of improper training. ALL dogs should be taught the "quiet" command.

Obedience training is fun with a Schnoodle as they are very smart and real people pleasers. They excel in agility, obedience, flyball, and many other dog sports. The Schnoodle is also terrific as a therapy dog.

The Schnoodle is easy to housetrain. However, the ability of the Schnoodle to housetrain depends on the family's ability to "teach" him.

The Schnoodle is considered non-shedding because they do not shed like other dogs. Neither the Schnauzer nor the Poodle sheds, so the Schnoodle is a natural non-shedder. I have never met anyone who is allergic to the Schnoodle; although the puppies have gone to many families with allergies no one has ever had an allergy problem.

The colors can vary: white, sable(brown with black hairs in the coat), cream, silver, tan with a black beard, black and tan, black and silver(white), apricot, salt and pepper(silver with white markings), and black.

I have been asked frequently if there is a difference in the male or female personalities. With the schnoodle there is a little difference in males and females...they are both fun, affectionate and loyal dogs. However some schnoodle owners have noticed that the neutered male is actually the more affectionate and less dominate of the genders. After receiving follow ups on my puppies, I would have to agree that in general, the neutered male schnoodle does have less of a tendency to be dominant then the spayed female schnoodle. Personally I think both genders are super! Also if the male is neutered at a young age, usually by 5 months old, most will not lift their leg to potty and will not have any nasty male behaviors and a spayed female will not become moody every six months.

The Schnoodle does fine with a single person as well as a family; any size family as long as they are truly a part of the family and can share in the fun as well as the quiet times of just getting cozy on the couch for a movie. They do NOT make a good pet for someone who has little time, if you are in doubt or question whether you have enough time for a Schnoodle, then you do NOT. Although they love the outdoors, they do not do well "kept" outdoors.

We wanted to make the ideal dog for the average person/family and the Schnoodle is that! The Schnoodle is the most affectionate, loyal and versatile dog you will ever meet.

Source

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I found a place in Ohio that i e-mailed, still have heard nothing. The one lady, Shelbo or Shelly schnoodles is really strict which is good, but at the same time won't give a dog to a person with a kid under 4 or 2 kids under 6, and one day that will be me (I hope) and that has me feeling confused, will me having kids one day prevent me from a dog now? They have all kind of oodles now, labradoodle, golden doodles...We might just get a puppy from the Humane Society, but the shedding is what I am worried about. Dog hair like on English Bull Dogs really bothers my allergies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.