Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's amazing what you can do with an exercise equipment mat, some pine trim, a staple gun, and some corner protectors!

Before:

After! :D (Smudge was too busy sleeping under my dresser to model it for you...)

And here was Smudge supervising while his cage was being renovated. He always has to be right there, making sure everything is done right!

And my adorable one-legged one-eared bunneh :p He's a special one alright.

Just a second ago he ran up to sniff Dudley (He gets floor time after school, otherwise he goes nuts), and he must have gotten a spike poked in his little nose because he jumped back a few inches LOL. Dudley just sits there and stares at him like "That's right, bunny... Don't mess with da lizard" before running under my bed. :rolleyes:
Dudley is convinced that him and Smudge will be BFFs. He is obsessed with Smudge and his cage.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
thats a wonderful set-up. My cat likes to ang out with my rabbits alll day. She'll even nibble on their hay or food.:lol: She even steals their fruits and veggies. It's amazing how different animals still find a way to connect.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I know, it's so cute! My dog and Smudge were just playing together a minute a go too... Smudge hops up to Chuey, nudges/sniffs him, and races off. Then Chuey does his little play-bow thingy, and follows Smudge. Smudge will chase Chuey too sometimes! Haha

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I love Smudge, he reminds me of my rabbit Elvis. They don't look alike but they make the same faces! :lol:

That mat is a good idea, I might look into that. My rabbits can be major chewers, though, so they might destroy it.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, thanks! :D

It's actualled worked really well so far! Since I have all the pine trim around it, Smudge can't get ahold of any edges to eat. He already tried to chew the middle of the mat, but he gave up once he realized to couldn't get ahold of anything. He chewed on the pine trim too, but he also gave up on that... I guess it just isn't as tasty as carpeting! :rolleyes:

He is actually chewing on his toys and playing in his dig box now when he is bored instead of eating vinyl and carpet... I'm so proud :D

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'm not even sure why I have a cage for him, since he spends 90% of his day under my dresser LOL. He could pretty much just live under there.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not at all, it's WAY easier to clean than a traditional pet store cage. You just vacuum it off, and you can wipe it off with a wet paper towel if needed. It takes about 5 minutes.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I get a chance, I'll have to post Oliver's new floor, too! I think we must have been shopping at the same place because I almost got that floor, the one you purchased, but I ended up with the smooshy squares, which you probably saw when you got the mat.

They are really working well, and Oliver doesn't really slide around now, which is great for everyone. I really love your closet set up. I'm getting ready to move - I might try the same thing!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! :D
I got it at Fleet Farm, LOL. I saw the foam squares, but it looked like they would be easier to eat!

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
OMG Jess he is so cute! You did a great job!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts