Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I agree, the people in PetCo and Petsmart are not friendly at all!! If you try to ask them questions, they don't know or don't care and think your stupid for asking them!

Once there was a nice lady at PetCo when I got my first rats (bad mistake) but she was at least trying to be helpful. Only good encounter :/

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
That's good that you have had nice encounters. :)

·
the rodent lover<3
626 Posts
I have also had some good experience with pet smart. Only once or twice. There was this one lady who knew a lot about bun's. She said she had an angora before, and was talking about their diets and she'd give her bun a salad everyday, and to watch out for cord chewing etc.. she was very nice. That was the day we brought Sunny to the store with us. And this other guy knew about introducing gerbils and what not.

But I have had more bad than good.
The guy telling us putting 2 male mice in a cage was fine,
The same guy saying that if I were to intro 2 males they'd be fine
This lady telling us my gerbils would die in a tank (by the way they're still kickin' in the tank!! :giggle:)

So yeah, I guess some stores are different from others. :rolleyes:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
All in all,most employees in pet stores are idiots!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Amanda- Actually, I havent had anyone ask me if Im a Peta member LOL! They do give vegetarians and vegans a bad name though. :/

Once, before I had Wink eating adult crickets, I asked at Petco if I could just see how big their large crickets were. Most stores dont make a big deal of it when I ask and they scoop up a ton and show me... But the Petco lady was obviosly annoyed at me, and picked out one cricket that had to be the tiniest in the bin. So I just bought 4 dozen cause my mom wouldnt take me anywhere else, and she gave me what i would consider a generous 2 dozen but she wouldnt do anything when I mentioned it.
I always make a point of telling them whats wrong with their beardies if I go there.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Traveling farther is fine for someone who drives
I don't drive either. I take public transportation. Yes, it is out of the way and is a hassle, but it's worth it to me.

I'm not judging people who don't do that though, of course. I understand it can be a lot of trouble. I just don't feel comfortable buying things to make my pets life better, at the expense of who knows how many other animals.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Well everyone and everyone's situations are different.

Amanda- Actually, I havent had anyone ask me if Im a Peta member LOL! They do give vegetarians and vegans a bad name though. :/
Your lucky then.When many people learn I am vegetarian,they ask "so your a member of PETA then?"...drives me crazy! NO I AM NOT! And I tell them this and why I am not a PETA supporter.It is crazy at how many people assume all vegetarians are PETA members...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Grrrr, I know. Maybe it's just here on the island where people beleive they have a whole lot more knowledge than they actually do... And succeed in pulling it off -_-

21 - 29 of 29 Posts