Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from work on Thursday and found LOTS of throw up in the basement and it smelled really really bad! Literally like poop. :confused: I wasn't sure which cat did it so I just cleaned it up and watched over both of them. At first I thought it was China cuz I accidentally left the cat food out while I was gone and I thought China probably ate Hyrums UTI prevention Food which makes China throw up. So I thought nothing of it, but now today Hyrum suddenly let out a very painful meow and then threw up and it stank really bad like before. I'm making a vet appointment for him, but I was just wondering if anyone may know what it could be? He doesn't seem to be in pain and everything else is normal with his behaviour. I hate it when my babies are sick. :worry:

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
oh no, I hope he is ok...I will keep him in my thoughts...and I hope the vets goes easy for him

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
awww, i hope hyrum feels better soon *hugs*

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
If the vomit smells like feces, he needs seen quite quickly. :( Does he like to eat things he shouldn't? Strings, etc.?

Let us know what the vet says. :hug3:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gosh, I have no idea what it could be, my cats barf a lot, I just clean it up and attribute it to hairballs! The smell that you describe is worrisome. I hope that he is okay and I must say, I just love that picture of them both and I too have a cute little pic of my Katie from last year in her Christmas garb that I need to share....

I hope Hyrum is well soon, please do update us on what the vet says...

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the vet and they said that I wouldn't need to bring him and and to just watch over him. I told them everything and I guess they would know best??

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, everything else about him is normal, his eating, behavior and litterbox habits and he hasn't thrown up again thankfully. If he does I'm not even calling first I'm just taking him in. Throwing up like that isn't normal to me, like the guy on the phone said. Yes cats throw up once in awhile, but they don't make a wierd meow and then it smells so horrid.

·
Salamander Buffalokisser
1,727 Posts
poor cat, glad to hear he hasn't done it yet again. I know when we first got Kramer he had a cold and would sleep on me all day if i let him and he had this weird meow/hiccup/ cough thing going on.

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I am glad you said that the litter box was normal. I was worried he might have a blockage. That is my biggest fear with my kids.
But as long as he is pooing it shouldn't be a blockage.
I hope he is feeling better soon. I know it's hard when they are sick. My Belle was just really sick for over a week and I am still not sure what the cause was.

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
glad to hear he's doing better now. I really hope it's nothing serious and it stays gone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts