Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning our cat waits at the door to be let in for breakfast, but yesterday he was not there, we were worried, after lunchtime he returned but looked weary, spent he day not eating and drinking very little, we kept him in but today no change, we are taking him to the vets tomorrow as its the only appointment with pet aid, im so worried bout him, has anyone seen similar, he is a 6yr old male normally very healthy, im hoping its not bad, kids love him to bits.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Where do you live? City or rural? A lot of people in the city put out poisons for pests like rats and ***** and the cat might have gotten into them. Same with rural areas. Poison..I hope it's not. I hope your cat is okay. After the vet I would seriously consider keeping him indoors. An indoor life is the only safe life for a cat. Maybe also harness train him if you think going outside is stimulating his livlihood but if you choose that route I would also get him up to date on vaccines and have him tested for FeLV and FIV.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Where do you live? City or rural? A lot of people in the city put out poisons for pests like rats and ***** and the cat might have gotten into them. Same with rural areas. Poison..I hope it's not. I hope your cat is okay. After the vet I would seriously consider keeping him indoors. An indoor life is the only safe life for a cat. Maybe also harness train him if you think going outside is stimulating his livlihood but if you choose that route I would also get him up to date on vaccines and have him tested for FeLV and FIV.
To add to her post I also suggest if he isnt already have him neutured

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We live on the edge of a countryside/town in the UK, fair few cats in the area and no news of a rise in feline deaths. On a brighter note, he is much better today, has started eating and drinking and been to the loo, i will keep posted.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to update, just had Tigger in the vets, they say it looks like he has been in a fight which has sent him out of sorts, he was dehydrated with a high temp, so he had some jabs to bring that down and has some antibiotics and some solution we are to give him. Thx guys for your replies.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
oh no! I'm glad he is okay as of now. But seriously consider having him neutered. If the cat he was in a fight with has either feline leukemia (felk) or feline aids (FIV) and he scratched your cat or spit on him or came into bodily contact (fluids) I would have him tested for both infections. And have him de-wormed as well. worms can be easily contracted by killing, maiming, or eating wild prey who has worms.

As I said, I'm glad your cat is okay but it's time to bump up safety measures :)

· Registered
801 Posts
Hope he gets well very soon, sounds like he is not on fighting. Is there any way for a safe place he can run whenever someone is chasing him?

· Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
I would still consider keeping him indoors with a fenced run even one new cat with these can quickly spread it to the other cats. It cant be spread through casual contact but all it takes is one day the cat doesnt want to be messed with. Maybe a fenced outdoor run? The kids can take him out? I have my cat harness trained and when she see's the leash she goes crazy and runs for the door :) She loves it you just have to make it a positive experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.