Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea~ Post your best tips about your cats! I will start with something obvious! Give them fresh food everyday so that it doesn't get stale. Don't throw the leftover food in the bowl out, just mix it back into the bag! :)

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
some cats don't like to share their litter box so if you have more than one cat and one is refusing to use the litter box get it its own before thinking something is wrong with that cat.

Some cats eat rubber bands, keeping them around can cause very costly surgeries.

A cat will prefer something cheap than some expensive toy so don't be disappointed when you buy a fancy toy and it plays with the twisty it came attached to the cardboard with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If your indoor cats would love to go outside but it's not safe, buy a 10' x 10' chain link dog kennel for them. My husband put up shelves, a scratching log, and I made a "tent" for him to hide in. He's sooooo spoiled and loves having his own private place! (the other 2 cats aren't interested) I've also thought about using baby monitors so I can hear him meow if something scares him and he wants to come in.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
-Keep the toilet seat closed
-Cheap toys ROCK
-Multiple litter boxes for multiple cats (some times cats here have two litter box to them selves)
-Good high protein food (or addition pure protein) food helps them get over URI (and other I would assume)
-Pieces of dog food are great to bat around
-Be sure your dog is calm and really good with cats... the dog may have their legs attacked.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Avoid using scented litters cat's don't like strong smells and may me repelled by the smell, it sounds crazy but it is very true.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Clay littlers are the worst littler to use. Not only is clay littler danCing to the enviorment (it's is strip mined and does not decomposse) but it is also dusty and can cause respirory illness in cats since they have to breath it in. It also contains carcinogens (sp).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts