Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RTR Toby January 2009 to Sept. 30, 2011

My poor poor RTR boys :(. Another one leaves us, and there’s only 6 left now. Toby lived happily with Boris my neutered (for aggression) black berk. They got along so well, and I was very happy for them, since some RTR’s have issues with other rat, males in particular. Toby wasn’t much of a people rat but he was happy to run around when Out, and cuddle with Boris when he was not. He was also first to the door when it opened so he did realize People did good things for him *giggle*

Toby’s arrival pics

Mr. Huff Puff never was neutered but would only occasionally act a bit silly.

Toby’s tumour on his side starts to scab

And just keeps growing…by now he’s also got ears that bleed off and on. Which I finally discover are ear polyps deep down in the ear canal that rupture. It would also explain RTR Gideon’s ear bleeding as well.

Our last night was very good, starting off with a gentle bath to help with any urine on his belly…then a lot of cuddles and unlimited treats handed to him…yummmm. Then he lay near me as I stroked him, and he bruxxed and boggled for me. It was definitely his time and he has now joined the 10 other RTR boys that left before him.

Lovely brave Toby…he adored his hammocks and even though he was disabled he still managed to get into his.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
rip little one may you have fun over the rainbow bridge till you and your loved one meet again.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ditto what Nibbler said...Toby, you were such a sweet face..I saw the smiles in the pictures for sure. Run and play with your friends now and enjoy. What a handsome little man. I am so sorry Lilspaz. But happy for Toby who is pain free and with his friends now. Love you Toby. :heart:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Off to never never land he is... Where he will live pain free, get as many treats as he wishes and run as fast as his little legs will carry him....

All our love...

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well said Jimmie. Agreed. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
RIP Toby. Very sad to see you go. :hugg2:

·
Registered
32 Posts