Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there's no article, because i was apart of this. but my best friend wanted a pug puppy sooo bad she couldnt stand it. so last night i was hanging out at my other best friends house with both of them, and her parents bought one for her! :)

but, then today it went bad. apperently, the lady lied about the poor puppies age and it was just barely two weeks old and needed to be with it's mother still. and she got really weak so my friend's parents panicked and took her to the vet where she died!! :( i hate stupid people!!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thats sad :( they should report the backyard breeder

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
I'm sorry your friend with through this but I agree where they purchased the puppy should be reported. When people don't complain, these puppy mill/BYB monsters continue to flourish.

Next time, tell your friend, go through a rescue or shelter she can find any breed she wants.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
That sucks and the BYB should be reported. Poor puppies. Pug are generally widely available, find a good breeder and ask them questions. I dont care how bad your friend wants a pug puppy she cannot expect someone will just buy one right away and it will be healthy. Good breeders will only sell their pups to approved homes after the puppies reach at LEAST 8-9 weeks and then mostly not until they are 12 weeks old which is the official weaning period. So, her parents need to stop and consider this before trying to surprise her again. That was a dumb move. So sorry about the loss. Here's a link which only starts the process: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=302

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they called the ASPCA and reported her and she didnt meet my friend's mom to give back the money and is now ignoring the calls my friends mom is making so she's going to press fraud charges and animal cruelty charges, they still have the body (kinda morbid)

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and like they lady told them she was old enough to go home. so it wasn't her parents fault

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats really sad :( but a 2 week old pup does look different compared to a 8/9 week old pup, some haven't even got their eyes open. So it was kinda everyones fault :/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hate to say, but it sounds like her parents didn't do any research. It was really their responsibility to make sure they were getting the pup from a good breeder, and while the breeder is horrible for what they did (or rather didn't do), the parents didn't do all they should have either. It's a sad situation with an unnecessary outcome. At least the breeder has been reported for their negligence. I hope your friend gets her next pet from someone more responsible.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Age has no influence on when they should be sold.........however, I believe the breeder shouldn't sell them at all until they are consistantly eating a steady diet of crickets/strained fruit.
You realize this thread is about a DOG right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is discusting she needs reporting!

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
The breeder is obviously at fault as well, but how did your parents not know the puppy wasn't ready to go home? A 2 week old puppy is pretty obviously not ready to leave mom -- eyes barely open, small, still not really walking well....

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It's a spammer. Has been reported. :)
Ohhh,okay! I had no idea,as I wasn't around in a few days.
And I read the post and was confused...lol.

Back to original topic now.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
wow. i just cannot believe that. how sad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts