Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Frozen peas are a great treat for rats of all ages, and they are especially good during the hot summer months! :)

Their absolute favorite toy is their digging tub. I have a medium-sized rubbermaid tub that is permanently in their playpen. I filled it with old scraps of fabric and clothing/socks, and they love to jump in and dig around, and even nap in there!

Other popular toys are toilet paper rolls, cereal boxes (well, boxes of any kind!), wooden chew toys (especially the Super Pet veggie and fruit kinds!), and their box fort that I made out of cardboard boxes. They play and sleep in the fort during the daytime. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Breyer has the absolute best ratty playground ever! If you ever saw one of her videos she makes of her boys Russel and Stanley, you can see them in there all the time. If I was a rat, I would be in there 24/7! :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hehehe, thanks Vlad! I'd actually like to live in there, too, especially on hot days when they have their own pool! :lol:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ha ha, agreed! Sounds nice doesn't it!:yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bananas. Both of my boys love bananas, and Sebastian also loves peanut butter; when I put it on a spoon, he tries to take the spoon with him, which is hysterical since it's about as big as he is. Simon, not as much, but he'll eat it. They also love frozen fruit. When Sebastian had a cut on his nose, I gave him some frozen strawberry in hopes the cold would spread to it, and he loved them. They also love yogurt. I put some on my finger and they lick it off.

As for toys, neither of my boys are fond of the ball I have, but they enjoy hammocks and tunnels quite a bit. They're kind of snobby when it comes to toys. They prefer running around and sneaking into holes much more. My bed is their favorite place to play. When Sebastian escaped his cage, I found him under my bed, completely relaxed. Which is more than I can say for myself. I have three dogs and two cats so I was terrified haha.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yep, bananas seem to be universally appealing to ratties eh? My boys were snobby about a lot of toys I tried to give them and their favorite thing to do when out playing was to have me put a big blanket on the bed and they loved running around under it forever, making tunnels and peeking their heads out at me. It was their play cave. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts