Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm moving to czech republic a would like to take my 3 gerbils with me - does anyone please know if I need some special permission to take them over the border? I'm planning to take them by car and boat....Or is there anyone I need to inform about taking them or some kind of legislation or something ...???

·
Registered
9 Posts
call the wildlife hotlines in all the countries you are going to. As for the boat- check with the people who own it. bring a travel case with little bedding and no nesting. theyll live 4 a few hours without tunneling.

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Yes, you do. You'll need to fill out paperwork in both the exporting and importing countries. Call the wildlife enforcement agencies and they can provide you with the proper paperwork. Additionally, you'll probably have to have a vet check before the move.

There may be more things required, but I'm not sure where you are moving from, and I've never moved animals into the Czech Republic.

Failure to do the right steps could (in worst case) result in your animals being seized and euthanized.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts