Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beekle had no problems with a four hour car drive. On the way up he was a bit tense for half an hour (head up, looking around, squeaking occasionally) but he eventually relaxed and starting moving around a bit. Toward the end of the trip up he was hanging from the ceiling looking out of the windscreen while I drove along at 80mph. :rolleyes:

On the way back he was much the same except (and this is odd) as we neared my home began to squeak a lot and even chatter. I got the impression that he knew we were nearly home. I can't quite see /how/ he knew though. I didn't think Budgies migrated or were noted for the navigational talent. For a bird that spends all its time in a modern, mostly sealed house, travelling in an airconditioned car set to recirculate air I really don't see how he knew we were nearly home. :confused:

Once home I put his cage on the stand, opened the door..and he shot out to his favourite mirror. At my parent house where he spent a little over a week he flew a bit but not much. As soon as he got home he obviously recognised it and settled right back in.

Perhaps Beekle isn't as daft as you might expect :D

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
That's awesome!

My birds hate cars, you got lucky! I thought budgies don't have migration instincts...whatever. I'm glad Beekle did very well. How was the trip for you?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Millimi said:
That's awesome!

My birds hate cars, you got lucky! I thought budgies don't have migration instincts...whatever. I'm glad Beekle did very well. How was the trip for you?
It wasn't too bad. I took things a bit more carefully than normally (not that I'm reckless anyway - I'm an advanced driver) but I was extra careful not to throw the car around too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts