Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What treats did you use for training? Any tips?

My bun doesn't seem to have any interest in carrots. I need something small that i can use for a reward system.

I was thinking raisons, or yougurt drops? :confused:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Don't use yogurt drops bc they're high in sugar and some bunnies cannot digest the milk proteins. Raisins and homemade treats are good. Craisins too.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I use dried fruits (papaya, apple, pineapple), vegetables (carrots, kale), and flower petals (mostly rose petals) :). I also give stuff from their regular salads as treats (like romaine lettuce).

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
rose petals?? That's a new one! Can mini rose petals do? I've been trying to find an excuse for buying one :p
I mostly buy mine :lol:. But I don't see why not!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
See, I like plants in my care to grow and look awesome. (I always tend to kill plants by some freak way but I still keep trying) So, I would like to grow a mini rose bc my work's floral department sells them :D (and I already breifly glanced over an article and they're safe for cats.. Not that Oliver could give two poops about plants)

I grow my own herbs which are also a GREAT treat for bunnies!! Herbs need frequent trimming and bunnies are always eager to eat! Acacia LOVED my dill plant but I let it die at my old place (not after I harvested it's seeds!!)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
See, I like plants in my care to grow and look awesome. (I always tend to kill plants by some freak way but I still keep trying) So, I would like to grow a mini rose bc my work's floral department sells them :D (and I already breifly glanced over an article and they're safe for cats.. Not that Oliver could give two poops about plants)

I grow my own herbs which are also a GREAT treat for bunnies!! Herbs need frequent trimming and bunnies are always eager to eat! Acacia LOVED my dill plant but I let it die at my old place (not after I harvested it's seeds!!)
Yeah, my bunnies love herbs, too :). The only one I grow is basil but I buy parsley, oregano, mint, etc. They make their meals more interesting.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
To supplement the herbs I am not currently growing (come on March!) I buy these organic pre-washed plastic tubs of herbs and mixed greens for Acacia. They're like 3-5$ per container and she gets up to 5 meals out of it.. But they are SO great for bunnies! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts