Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up my Marine Toad that I was getting :). I didn't post about him but I had seen him in a store but wanted to get his tank ready before bringing him home.

I think it's silly that I paid $10 for something I could've caught outside in most areas but oh well :rolleyes:.

I named him Trevor (Harry Potter reference) and I think he's adorable :heart:. The lady at the petstore was calling them the ugly toads...she likes treefrogs better and told me I should get one instead :lol:.

Trevor was the smallest toad...this should give me time to save up for a really big tank by the time he's an adult :). Not that he moves much, haha.

Pictures:

Reactions: Ambieruns10

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes, another toad lover!! :lol: No one seems to understand why I wanted him.

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
awe how cute.. heh i think i'd rather have gotten the frog, altho i know nothing about either and would be basing that on looks alone.. my friend once had a green frog, i think it was a tree frog? anyway, it was in love with him, and no matter where he tried to put it, it would jump back on him, it was cute! anyway, i love the second pic.. hes all go away im supposed to be hiding here..

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ambieruns10 said:
I have wanted a toad for awhile. I just haven't gotten one. I really need to get a setup ready so I can!

I love photographing toads. I have tons of pictures. I made a reptile/amphibian calendar with my photographs.
You should totally get one :D. They are pretty easy to take care of and are really docile for the most part.

lilalex0145 said:
OMGG STEPHH THAT IS THE BIGGEST SMALLEST TOAD EVERRRR HAHAAHA [: pics of the setup?
I'll take a picture of the set-up when it's more interesting, hehe. It's pretty basic right now.

Angelnstuff said:
awe how cute.. heh i think i'd rather have gotten the frog, altho i know nothing about either and would be basing that on looks alone.. my friend once had a green frog, i think it was a tree frog? anyway, it was in love with him, and no matter where he tried to put it, it would jump back on him, it was cute! anyway, i love the second pic.. hes all go away im supposed to be hiding here..
I think I will get a treefrog at some point but I wanted a toad more :D. I've had them in the past and loved them.

I love the second picture, too. Haha.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
aww hes adorable! Ive always wanted a toad as well. When I was little my friend had tadpoles and gave me three of them, turned out to be small frogs (dunno what kind they were) It was awesome watching them grow up. I named them Bud, Wise, and Er. Cause the commercials were really popular around then. I ended up letting them go at this huge lake. It was nice.
After that I tried to get my mom to let me get a toad, they had so many at the pet store and they were so cute! I love how they look so fat and uncomfortable! adorable! =)
He looks pretty happy under that hide out =)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LuvMeBre said:
When and where did you get the big guy?
I just got him yesterday although I picked him out a couple days ago :D. I've had other toads in the past, though.

nik8806 said:
aww hes adorable! Ive always wanted a toad as well. When I was little my friend had tadpoles and gave me three of them, turned out to be small frogs (dunno what kind they were) It was awesome watching them grow up. I named them Bud, Wise, and Er. Cause the commercials were really popular around then. I ended up letting them go at this huge lake. It was nice.
After that I tried to get my mom to let me get a toad, they had so many at the pet store and they were so cute! I love how they look so fat and uncomfortable! adorable! =)
He looks pretty happy under that hide out =)
Thanks! Toads are great...and yeah, he loves that hide :).

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Awww...he is really cute! I love the second picture.I am a toad lover as well!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you!! :)

I am happy that on here there are others who share my passion, haha :lol:. My mom refers to him as my "ugly toad".

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Sasami said:
Thank you!! :)

I am happy that on here there are others who share my passion, haha :lol:. My mom refers to him as my "ugly toad".
Your welcome.

When I had my African clawed frogs,my mom called them ugly heads or ugly zombie heads.She thought they were so disgusting,but I loved them! :D

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you!

My mom took a picture of me holding him (yet she claims to not like him?) but I didn't upload it yet.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lilalex0145 said:
Thats the biggest smallest toad ive ever seen :).
Haha. You should've seen the big female they had there. She was HUGE! Three or four times as big as Trevor :lol:.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts