Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I am going to try to introduce Dox (no sneezing or anything in days) to Kahlua tonight.I will intro them on the "rat couch"...hehe...first it see how it goes.
Wish me luck!!! I hope they accept eachother.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Good luck!! I hope everything goes smoothly :).

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Good luck a million, I hope everything works out.
Remember the vanilla essence idea if you want to try that to!
xxxxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first intro didn't go nice at all.They sniffed and about 10 seconds into it,Kahlua totally turned on Dox.

I will try again in a day or so.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Eeek! Sorry to hear the first time didn't go so well.
Maybe Kahlua is still getting over losing his other cage mate (Sugar bear, I think?).
I hope the next intro goes better, good luck hun!
xxxxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe.But Kahlua didn't grieve AT ALL.
He seems quite content with the loss of Sugar Bear.

I will try again...but if it doesn't work,oh well.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Well, I hope it does work out, that would be great!
Are you going to try the Vanilla essance idea?
*My fingers are crossed*
xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Do you have anyway of putting their cages close together for a few days so that they can get used to each other that way? It is always so scary introducing new pets to each other. Best wishes on your next try. :yes:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go so well, I hope it works out!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have any vanilla esscense right now.

Do you have anyway of putting their cages close together for a few days so that they can get used to each other that way? It is always so scary introducing new pets to each other. Best wishes on your next try. :yes:

Their cages have been next to eachother ever since quarantine was over...but it isn't working.Tried again and Kahlua attacked Dox instantly.

I am not giving up yet though.
I had a really stubborn rat that took weeks to accept another one,so I still think their is a chance.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Keep trying and I'm sure they'll come round :)
Good luck! ;)
Luv you
xxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Loves ya too!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I highly doubt it is gonna work now.

I have kept trying,but Kahlua always attacks Dox and the last time,he left a mark and Dox bled a little.So I am not going to bother anymore.Also I had Kahlua out and he went over to Saffron's cage (that is my female) and was attacking her through the bars.

I don't think Kahlua would be happy with another rat at this time.He seems quite content alone and when I take him out and everything,so I am gonna leave it that way...at least for now.

But because Dox is young and alone,I am gonna be looking for a male friend for him.I am already in the process of searching for a female friend for Saffron too.

Just thought I would update you.

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Lisa hun i kinda know what you are going through because my boy novo is getting old hes kind of snappy SOMETIMES with me when he doesnt want to be bothered and he doesnt like the babies he will try and bite them threw the bars now :( but my other boys have eachother so novo will have to be my special buddy, im only doing this for all of my rats safety!

Good luck on finding new buddies for you newins :)
love you xxxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you.
Yeah,in some cases it is better.
I wouldn't make a rat live alone if they accepted other rats,but Kahlua don't seem to want another rat...so...*shrugs*.

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
*hugs*
If you need me pm me! ok?
xxxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awww...thanks! I will keep that in mind.The same goes for you too!
*hugs*

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
aww bummer the intro didn't work. maybe kahlua just wants to be a bachelor lol. do you think maybe he just is attacking dox because he smells your female and is feeling competitive?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts