Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot for this. I really appreciate any info anyone has

About 2 weeks ago my healthy 10 yr old cat became very lethargic suddenly, when we took him to the vet it was discovered he was anemic and needed a transfusion. The following day it was discovered that his clotting time was way slow, so he got a plasma transfusion. He had started bleeding into his lungs. The ER vet wanted to intubate which we decided was just too much and would be horrible for him. We had him put down, which broke my heart. They took samples and sent them into a lab to try and figure out what had happened because they had no clue what was going on. When they got the results back they were basically inconclusive. They said his lungs looked the way a cows lungs do when they get a livestock disease. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before? I would really like to know what happened to my boy.

- He didn't ingest any poison, toxic foods, or plants
- His kidneys were working fine
- There was no sign of cancer

-lethargic
- super anemic- needed transfusion
-clotting time very slow
-bleeding into lungs

Please if you've heard of anything like this or have had it happen to your cat I would really like to know.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Did the food you fed him contain "meat byproducts"? Because one of the ingredients that can make it into meat byproducts are diseased cows unfit for human consumption. I've never heard of that health ailment specifically, but it is possible the illness transferred from the food to him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you think of that next step for yourself in your life or career/business how often do you say to yourself, "I just wish I could figure this out!"? Do you ask this question and then launch into a bunch of mental gymnastics of working really hard to find an answer? If so, you're not alone... I hear it all the time from people in my classes and often from people when they first come to me for coaching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts