Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really easy and nice carbonara! (makes 4)
enough fettuccine for 4 people
two egg yolks
half a cup cream
Parmesan cheese
Bacon

Cook pasta. Drain well.
Put bacon in the pan. cook.
Add pasta, yolk and cream. Stir well. You'll want the sauce thick enough to cling to the pasta. It should still be a bit runny ( most people over cook their carbonara) Add cheese. Done!

Lemon brocollini pasta

Ingredients:
Long pasta ( I usually use fettuccine and I usually use around half of a average pack for 6-7 people, for a side dish)
One lemon
Olive oil
Butter
brocollini (it's a mix betweeen broccoli and Chinese broccoli. also called baby broccoli. if you can't get it, just use broccoli)
one clove of garlic
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta.
Lightly cooked brocollini. (I slightly under cook it, so it doesn't get over cooked )
Zest and juice lemon.
add some oil and butter to the pan.
saute garlic.
add lemon juice and zest in pan, wait for it to warm up
add brocollini and pasta. toss around. The pasta should have a generous coating on it. if it doesn't, add more oil and/or butter.
Then grate a good amount of Parmesan cheese.

It's really, really simple, but tastes awesome!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
MMM these sound good! I would probably try the bacon one (if I can find a good bacon alternative) bc although I am a vegatarian, I love the smell of bacon cooking o,o and the bf would eat that one. :) Thanks!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
MMM these sound good! I would probably try the bacon one (if I can find a good bacon alternative) bc although I am a vegatarian, I love the smell of bacon cooking o,o and the bf would eat that one. :) Thanks!

Morning Star has really good fake bacon! I made this pasta recipe with asparagus and fake bacon, and it was amazing!

The lemon broccoli one sounds really yummy too. I love noodles LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's really good! I find it easier then using bottled stuff!

Morning Star has really good fake bacon! I made this pasta recipe with asparagus and fake bacon, and it was amazing!

The lemon broccoli one sounds really yummy too. I love noodles LOL.

It is! It's not really a main dish though, I usually make it when I make chicken parmigiana. It's so good together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts