Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help me. my rat is sick. i have called every vet i could find and non will see my rat! his head is tilted, he is disbalance, harley eats, barley drinks, hunched posture, furr is messed up, red goo coming out of his eyes and noes too. his whole left side of his face is swollen. his breathing is awful. i am certin its an upper respitory infecion. i have been breeding rats for 3 years and his condition isnt as bad as ones that i have seen. i think if i could get him to a vet that his chances of living are good. but where i have moved to a pet rat is unheard of. how can the vet even refuse to see it. maybe he doesnt know anything about them. but if he can treat ferrets and hamsters etc i feel that he is just discriminating because my pet is a rat. does anyone have any ideas on what i could do in a situation where a rat needs vet care, but cant get it. is there anything else i can do but watch him slowly die!?

· Tarzan Mama of Two
7,329 Posts
oh that's so awful...my only suggestion is to be drive a bit further to get you rat help. If no local vet will do it then that really is the only option. Good luck with your findings....I hope you can get someone to see your little rattie real quick.

· Registered
100 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.