Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry for taking so long to update you guys on Blitzen. He has been re-homed again and he is now living in Winnipeg. The last time I called the guy who took him in, he said Blitzen was put down because he bit a drunk guy. I was so shocked because he has never actually hurt a human being before...he has growled and barked at me but never more than that. He had issues with other dogs..I couldn't believe he did that. Later I found out he bit the guy because he was provoked..the DRUNK guy was torturing him. So the by-law officer decided he would not shoot Blitzen and thought that he would make a really good pet to someone who could help him deal with his issues. So he took Blitzen to the vet and then we send out some pics to someone who possibly had a home for him. And they decided they could work with him and help him! :) He is doing great now. I hear he let's them cut his nails no problem now and he's good with other dogs now too. I just wish I was able to visit him, miss him so much. I know it's for the better though- for all of us.

· Registered
801 Posts
That was so shocking update indeed, glad it turn out he's fine now. Hope the new owner is more careful and supervise him from any provoking human or animals.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay...no, it's not that far. About a 2 hour plane ride. It sucks that he's so far away, but it's for the better. I'm not in contact with his new fam, but I get updates on him from the vet. And last I heard he is doing great. And he is not tied outside like....he is nothing and doesn't matter. Miss him terribly though...sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing..if I could have changed him. I started watching the "Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan" and I think he is great. I saw some episodes where the dogs were kind of like Blitzen and he like completely changed them..it was like they weren't even the same dog anymore. Ugh I wish I'd known about him before...maybe I wouldn't have had to re-home him. Maybe I should have given him more time. I kind of feel like I gave up on him a bit too soon. :(

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Nah, I wouldn't think regrettfully about it. Trust me, Milan makes everything look easy. I have been trying to use his technique to calm my dog and it's simply not working. I will have to find Coco a home for the week that my house is getting reno'ed bc he's starting to harm himself with stress. You need to have confidence while practising training like that. When I got ripped off at the vet last time (she tried to tell me Coco's arthritis was 'psychological') she told me the same thing as Cesar would.. She was able to shut him up bc she was confident. I tried and Coco just looked at me. Strangers have an impact on the dog. Anyway, don't feel bad about Blitzen, maybe your lifestyle and his didn't get to sync.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.