Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the local rat rescue dropped by to check on the rats ( she partially wanted to see Apollo's progress) and drop off my mousey fosters.

After feeling Izzy up and down she felt the two small lumps she has and said she use to have a rat who did the same thing And she thinks its oil glands getting blocked and the diet change should help however if she gets another big one contact her and she will come immediately but that she seems perfectly fine and I shouldnt worry :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Great! I am glad you got a good report on Izzy's lumps. Must be a nice relief to get a "she's okay" report eh! Super!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh it's SUCH a relief I'm sure you understand I was fearing the worst.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, I understand completely! As I am sure the rest of the folks here on the forum know what a gigantic relief it is when you are worried about one of your furry babies and find out they are fine! Tremendous relief!:D

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Oil glands being blocked (a sebaceous cyst) is usually only males with sebum issues (excess buck grease/oils on their back), and not typical of females at all.

But as long as they aren't growing, who cares what they are!

What did she say about Apollo, his neuter and living with another male? :tonguerol

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats the problem one is growing in her arm pit now.

She is amazed with how much Progress he has made she said she couldn't even get him out of the cage before and when she got here the boys were cuddled in their hammock as usual :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts