Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone read my previous thread about my Lucky getting diagnosed with diabetes, here's how it's going so far. Rather than hospitalizing him for 'round the clock blood sugar checks, our vet opted to just have us give him 2 units of insulin twice a day after he's eaten and that should improve how he feels quite a bit. He's just been laying around alot and drinking and peeing TONS! I just gave him his first injection and although he squirmed and whined, I successfully got it in him. The shot itself is not painful, Lucky just despises to be 'HELD AND FORCED TO DO SOMETHING". HE is the boss, and WE OUGHT TO KNOW THAT BY NOW!!! So glad he's going to be feeling better. I've been so depressed thinking we were going to be losing him soon. He's Only 13....just a KITTEN! :geek:

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I am so glad to hear this! I hope he is feeling himself.

Oh he's such a young baby :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Oh yeah, Lucky is def. BOSS!! I hope he's still as "nice" when he feels better!! Alli wants to know how many scratches he gave you!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's a wonderful news, hope he could recover better and to the fullest soon..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His 2nd shot went even better. He was laying down and I did it without having to make him move. I don't think he even knew I did it! He's acting a little better already. They say sometimes it goes into remission for awhile, but most always comes back.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm so proud of Lucky-boy!!! Hope he's ready for big smooch on Friday!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've been buying all kinds of expensive food for him that's low in carbs, etc. and I thought I'd just cook him some chicken for a snack, and the little stinker won't even eat it! CATS!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
No WAY!!! What a snot!! Baby won't eat chicken either--not in any way, shape, or form!!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Thats so weird! Probably because he knows that you spent time to make it, Haha :)

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
They are all crazy like that! I have yet to have a normal cat lol :)

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Couldn't agree more! Dogs have owners and cats have staff :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dogs have owners and cats have staff :p
I've never heard it that way before, but that is far better than any other way I've heard!! Sums it up perfectly!!!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Wow we have gotten so far off topic =P Good Luck Lucky!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah!! Sorry Mom!!:pupeyes::sorry:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whenever WE have chicken of any form, he's always on the table waiting for HIS portion. He just about eats Bill alive when he fixes a fried chicken frozen dinner when coming home from work on 2nd shift. I've had 9 cats in my lifetime, and they've all been "normal" until these 3! They're all psychotic! I had to fight him for his shot this evening. He was in one of his stubborn, nasty moods. I'm scared to death he'll have a low. In that case, I have to put Karo syrup in his mouth. BTW, I'm diabetic, too, so at least I understand about all that stuff!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Uhhh, good luck putting anything in Lucky's mouth!!:scared:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts