Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philly seems to have an upset tummy tonight, thank heavens my stomach doesnt get upset easily, but she does have the bad runs and did puke, I was wondering if theres anything i can give her for this ? I already talked to the vet about her puking and upset stomach he says it is normal but if it contineaus for a few days to be worried and bring her back. But mean while i was wondering if theres anything i can give her ? that someone else on her might use keep in mind she is nursing.

· It's all for them
603 Posts
Plain cooked white meat (breast) chicken. It's the best thing for upset tummy and diarrhea.

I keep some in the freezer at all times. When I roast a whole chicken or bake a breast on the bone I cut the chicken up into quarter sized chunks. When someone needs it, I take out one chunk at a time and shred it (easier to digest than cubed). Offer just a tablespoon at a time.

You can also try canned chicken breast. The water it is packed in will be good for her too. Make sure there are no spices added to it, and try to find it with no salt added if possible.

What kind of cat food is she eating?

Is her milk flowing good?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plain cooked white meat (breast) chicken. It's the best thing for upset tummy and diarrhea.

I keep some in the freezer at all times. When I roast a whole chicken or bake a breast on the bone I cut the chicken up into quarter sized chunks. When someone needs it, I take out one chunk at a time and shred it (easier to digest than cubed). Offer just a tablespoon at a time.

You can also try canned chicken breast. The water it is packed in will be good for her too. Make sure there are no spices added to it, and try to find it with no salt added if possible.

What kind of cat food is she eating?

Is her milk flowing good?
thanks for the advice, shes on kitten food right now as the vet suggested, for protien and she gets her usual treat of wet food. a little less then half a can, Her milk is fine.

· It's all for them
603 Posts
Did you just start the kitten food after Kimik was born? Is it kibble? Sudden change in kibble usually does cause diarrhea and upset tummy. In that case I recommend you get her on a probiotic to help her system adjust. (but the chicken will still be good for her)

Benebac is found in most pet stores I think, it's a gel. I use probios, which I get at the feed store, it's a large tube of gel labeled for large animals, just a pea sized amount a day is given. Forti flora is a powder made by Purina that is an excellent product that most cats love, but it is expensive.

I'd increase her canned food too, she needs the moisture. :)

I bet Kimik is getting big, we need new pics!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you just start the kitten food after Kimik was born? Is it kibble? Sudden change in kibble usually does cause diarrhea and upset tummy. In that case I recommend you get her on a probiotic to help her system adjust. (but the chicken will still be good for her)

Benebac is found in most pet stores I think, it's a gel. I use probios, which I get at the feed store, it's a large tube of gel labeled for large animals, just a pea sized amount a day is given. Forti flora is a powder made by Purina that is an excellent product that most cats love, but it is expensive.

I'd increase her canned food too, she needs the moisture. :)

I bet Kimik is getting big, we need new pics!
he is getting big ill get pics soon :) the kitten food i had her on before kimik was born, about a week before when i was certian she was prego because i didnt know what else for protien to give her other then meat,

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does she always have an upset tummy because they make sensative tummy kitty food. we use authority cat food
no she doesnt always have an upsest stomach, the vet figured out why she did, it was because of her meds, so they lowered it she seems fine now thou :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.