Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony has an incredibly bad eye infection, the puss needs to be wiped off 24/7 and when we haven't the puss solidifys and sticks to his eye, he now has a thick film of hard puss over his eye and cannot shut it, the eye is popped out slightly and is a lot higher, we have taken him to the vets twice and are taking him again for an ultrasound but I don't know what to do! As I was cleaning the liquid puss I looked at him and during that time his eye seems to have popped out more! He is on 0.2ml of meta am and 1.5 of baytril. Meta am is an anti inflamitarys and baytril is the painkiller but ts not stopping the infection, he is lethargic aswell!!! Please help I am so worried about him :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was cleaning his eye with sterilised cold water and a cotton bud and wiped a scab away on the eyeball, he squeaked loudly and is now bleeding from underneath the eyelid, what should I do to stop the bleeding? Please help!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go to the Deguworld forum (Google it. I think it is actually called Degu and Chinchilla world forum). There are people there that should be able to help you / give you advice. Many of them are from the UK. You can also try the Degutopia site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts